World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a session on the beach yesterday and fished the last 2 hours of the flood and right down to low water.
3 guys 3 rods using lug/razor fish/bluey and peelers
We managed 6 (2 each) small flounders between us which were all returned safely and mostly on bluey with 2 taking razor fish using 2 and 3 hook flappers with size 1 hooks.
All in all a good day out and 1 guys first time out and catching 2 fish made it all worthwhile.

Any advice for fishing this mark would be appreciated as it was our first time up there and we fished to the south of the caravan park so dont know if this is good/bad.

cheers in advance,

Fishhunter

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi mate,

The beach fishes really well for bass. Had a rake off it a few days ago. Oddly it fishes best up and over high water. They only seem to eat worm though, and worm on its own. Either lug or rag. I got all my fish on small hooks and lugworm flicking about 15 yards out. It can be a good beach, but often very tempermental in that the sand changes every time theres a surf. My favorite spots on the beach are where rock meets sand! Good luck for next time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Spurdog,
How far along the beach is that then and is it to the north end near to the power station outflow or the south end towards the cliffs?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
think he is on about the north end mate, i usuall fish around were there is a big pole behind me in the caravan site, only problem with that bit tho is that it holds a lot of weed if its been rough

the south end can be very good also, but its bit of a walk, and further down there is skeers, thats a good stretch
good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the info lads will try again sometime soon

·
Registered
187 Posts
I fished it last Saturday and had 6 flatties ond 1 Turbo ( my first ) I used fish bait size 4 hooks. Also picked up some small sandeels and had 2 flatties on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts