World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Location-Just to the right of the wooden path infront of lobster pot sheds!!!
Time- 9pm-2am
Fish Caught- 1 sole(34cm) 3 codling to 2lb,3 basslets and stacks of whiting and weed on the ebb.
Baits-Lug/Rag

A fairly enjoyable night with no wind whatsoever,got off to a cracking start with a sole 2nd cast and lots of bites(most missed) followed by a lull of about an hour then 2 codling within ten mins.
I noticed how few people were on the beach but i suppose with the recent reports im not overly surprised!!!
The ebb came and so did the weed which unfortunatley ended our night rather prematurely,but a late sole for the pot!!
Was nice to meet nutsaboutfishing friday night,hope the boys got on ok over orford!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well done mate, seems to be a few codling about. I have never fished Thorpeness, can you give me some directions on what part of beach to fish, you can PM me if you like, thanks.

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Well done mate, seems to be a few codling about. I have never fished Thorpeness, can you give me some directions on what part of beach to fish, you can PM me if you like, thanks.
i'll second that, neve fished there either, any informtion sent my way would also be apprecited,
cheers JH.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Nice mixed bag the mate well done.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i'll second that, neve fished there either, any informtion sent my way would also be apprecited,
cheers JH.

Thorpness runs North from Aldburgh. Just head for Aldburgh, when you reach the sea turn left. It's quite a long stretch of beach right down to Sizewell. Very easy parking and a quick nip across to the sea. It's a pretty clean venue and can turn out fish just about anywhere you decide to chuck a bait. Some anglers have earmarked certain spots as "Hot spots" but i have never found one patch fishing any better then another and have done well all along the beach at that venue. The club house area is very popular but can get a bit overcrowded, i think it's because parking is free rather then fishing is better:laugh:

Right now you can expect good sport with Whiting, some Codling and always a chance of a decent Bass or Sole.
Need to know more PM me. I fish there regular if you ever fancy a session.

·
Registered
740 Posts
well done ,good to see someone catching afew more,i'll be going soon hopefully & taking the other half so she can carry the gear up the wall!! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts