World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got at beach at 4 whiting biting from off. At 8 had enough and ended with 15 whiting. All to lug. Went on Sunday at the brudenell and got 20 whiting 1 rockling and a good fish come off. Found a dead garfish aswell so happy days :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Unbelievable! I've been planning a session to Thorpeness for the past week and headed that way today. Dropped into Aldeburgh first to take a look and decided to fish there instead. Quite a swell on and plenty of colour. Dare I use that cliche, 'it looked bassy!' Set up bang on high water 12.30 ish and fished to 5pm. One rod pulley pennel with 2 squid at distance, or rather as far as I could whack it out with the wind, other rod 2 hook flapper on size 4/0 leftover Dunge lug tipped with squid. Squid was coming back well nibbled, also lug had vanished after 15 minutes. Suspect crabs, but was so hard to see rod tips moving due to the wind. Grand total for the day, a big fat zero. Appreciate not the best time to fish and wish I'd stayed till 8ish, but once you've sat there all day, rained on, wind beaten, cold, you kinda lose the will. So wish I'd done Thorpeness now!

Well done anyway mate, at least someone was catching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts