World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Collected great quality rag and a couple of very useful tips from David at Sax Angling and fished 1 hr of flood and 2.5 of the ebb near the point at Thorpeness on THE summer's day! The mark I fished was about mid way between the last cottage and the point - almost a pool - the water was looking a good colour and not too sandy. I fished a long snood on a clipped up rig and another long snood on a pulley rig; only used 4 oz before the tide started to run. Fished various distances but close in was where I caught. Had three schoolies that hit the rod so much harder than their size would suggest they could! Decided to get out the carp rod and fished a 3/4oz running ledger and long snood again. Only cast 10/15 yds and caught my first ever 'hand-held' bass with my first cast! Downhill from there sorry to say but will def. use this method again; felt like real fishing if that makes any sense. The tide ran, the surf flattened off and the fish disappeared.
I had a bit of fun trying to cast to some diving gulls that were hitting the water pretty hard. I used a Toby as a weight for a re-hashed feather rig but no luck.
Am off to Ireland for a fortnight this weekend and can't wait to try my hand at some lure fishing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like an enjoyable session, I remember fishing there a few years back and getting a huge bite on a 3/0 Bass bait with several worms and a whole squid on and it turned out to be a monster Sole!

Night time is far more productive :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts