World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first post on wsf !

Well on a recent trip to a mark just up from st mawes on the fal in search of a ray , bass or gilthead we we sure we had everything we needed for a good nights fishing , bait was sandeel ,lug , peeler and mackerel so we were pretty dumbfounded when we blanked with no bites at all :wacko:

I suspect after scratching my head and in hindsight that the crabs must have stripped our bait within seconds of it touching down .
we would reel in one sucking our bait most times but I thought wed have had a fish bite , but not one..

so im going to grab a load of anti crab rigs and try again , watch this space ...

also just wandering how far up a creek will ray and huss travel ?

c:victory:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Unlucky buddy! U gotta take the rough with the smooth all the species u are after are in the Fal! It's knowing what tides and times and baits in certain areas. In answer to your question I've had few nice ray right down the creeks but mostly 2 hours either side of high water! My advice is dont cast far short traces and re-bait often minimum every 15 minutes! Cheers and good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bad luck mate. I know and have witnessed rays up past king harry ferry and the river holds all you want. Try a few different marks at varying tidal states to find what suits.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I hate bloody crabs, keep at it though mate, you will strike gold one day, change up tides/times and go again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts