World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
well the holiday has arrived will be travelling down sunday 19/6 for 2 weeks of fishing,can anyone tell me how its fishing at the moment and the best baits to use,iwill be bringing my normal bass rod plus a spin rod/ and for the 1st time i am going to try salt water fly fishing cheers

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,214 Posts
Maddies and lugworms are the only baits you need. Fish it over low water otherwise the tide will cut you off. Happened to me once and it ain't nice! Haven't fished it for about a year but I heard it's a bit quiet. Odd flounder and schoolie.

Enjoy! Nice place.

·
Registered
325 Posts
well its nice to hear of people holidaying in the gower and i think youve chosen the right time, whether you'll catch anything is a different matter,i caught my largest bass in the river at 3 cliffs with peeler this time 3 years ago!from monday with the 12m tide there should be mullet coming upstream with bass,mackerel and small sewin, your best bet would be the fly or a small meps with that lot ,although i did have a small bass the other day with a yo-zuri joey mackerel plug, as far as being cut off is concerned it depends on where you are staying, if you're staying/parking at penmaen, tides wont be a problem as you can walk up the hill. personally i fish to the right hand side of the river looking out to sea and fish it back until it floods by the cliffs,then i walk back to the pebbles,fish there for an hour or so and see what happens,if nothing occurs i spin back from the stepping stones up to the castle off the boardwalk there!bass have been caught as far back as the pumphouse for pennard golf club!i,ve had small sewin off the boardwalk and on some evenings the mullet gather in shoals i've seen some huge mullet there.if you can send me a pm when you go down there and i'll see if i can help you out,dai.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dog hop / gale-force-rob
thanks lads for the advise on three cliffs bay if u fancy fishing along with me your more than welcome to come along i will start the fishing campaign on monday afternoon after getting the fortnights grub in from swansea once again many thanks jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts