World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, can anyone please tell me the best tides to fish this place and surrounding areas, and is this place any good for plaice and other flatties.
Cheers,
Darren.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have fished Three cliffs bay in the past, little ledge on the left hand side of the cliffs. High tides, 2 hrs before top to hour or so after, frozen sandeel for some tidyish turbot, mackerel and bass. I have found it much better though when the tide is around half way out, spinning with redgills parallel to the beach. Make sure you have sturdy footwear when wading, around 3 - 4 ft deep, because of the weaver fish, quite a few around there in the summer months. Have seen plenty of dead flounders in the river, half eaten by something, of around the 1 - 1.5 lb mark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi mate fished 3 cliffs with gaffa a.bozzy my missus gaffas missus and clickins had a great night fished an 11.8 tide but be aware of the bigger tides as the gully does fill up quick and will come around on the bigger tides but plenty of room to fish the group had as follows myself NOTHING gaffa 1 schoolie a.bozzy 4 schoolies my missus and gaffas missus both 3 schoolies and clickins 12schoolies and a nice flattie bait used lug and black frozen lug :clap2: :clap2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts