World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Three In A Row

908 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Lewisman 
#1 ·
Well lads that's the third decent tide on the trot when just before it comes in and things are starting to look really good it blows absolute stink and buckets down rain...

We had some great fishing early last week just as the tide was picking up and then the next weather system just rolled in and messed it up again.

I fished today and literally had terns smashing the water all around us and we could not hook a fish, when we got back to teh car we met a few other anglers who had also drawn a blank so it wasn't the plugs or the anglers just the weather.

The wind I can handle cause you can always tuck away and have a go, but the insesent rain means our esturary marks are chocolate brown so that really limits what you can do..

I just really hope we get a bit of pay back in the autumn with some nice cold settled weather and we can get at the big boys.. Roll on september I say, be damned to summer fishing too unpredicatable..

Having said all that we have got on a handy few fish anytime the weather gods have given us a break so we can't complain about that much, it would just be nice if they could give us a break in line with a great big tide...

See less See more
#2 ·
We have huge tides here this weekend, I think the biggest of the year, 39ft, and the fishing today was terrible. Bob and I had a few follows and surface boils and slashes, but only managed 2 fish on the boat. Last week the tide was 25ft and we had countless bass, weird. Do you think its the big tides too Pat? Mark in Weymouth says the huge tides are not so good where he is either....

#3 ·
Yeah mick i think you are spot on, we had savage fishing on the bar mark we fished last year, like fish a every second cast going at the surface plugs, that was tuesday then it went to crap,

hope now as the tide drops a bit that it will improve again it's been a tough summer but think we could be in for a bumper autum,

get your ass in gear for a visit over man, have some deadly marks and I forgot to tell ye I have the use of a boat same make and size as your own actually, so get bob & the admiral and ask st if he would like to come and lets crack a few monsters!!!

#8 ·
Got back to the van today to be greeted by the legendery Les Dawson, a fuss was made by the crowd as Les Presented me my very own blankety blank cheque book and pen... Just loving conditions here at the minute classic summer fishing, with 15ft swells rolling ashore, driving rain, howling wind and not a single bass being slided onto the beach bristling after a tustle in the surf!!!

Cheers Les I wil really cherish the memories!

#9 ·
Got back to the van today to be greeted by the legendery Les Dawson, a fuss was made by the crowd as Les Presented me my very own blankety blank cheque book and pen... Just loving conditions here at the minute classic summer fishing, with 15ft swells rolling ashore, driving rain, howling wind and not a single bass being slided onto the beach bristling after a tustle in the surf!!!

Cheers Les I wil really cherish the memories!
Sounds like i'd better slip a few emergency Peelers into my backpack!!!:giveup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.