World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'll start from the beggining,

Early thursday morning arriving at our destination at about 4am fishfinder2002 and myself,set uptwo rods two hook clip down rigs baited with rag and very small strips maky casted out about 80-100yrds and waited,wind was quite strong and waves quite big,,nothing until it started to get a little lighter and the sun started to rise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
then a bite lifted into it and fish on a nice size bream about 21/2lb,,then about 10 mins later another of about the same size,,then another long wait,,fishfinder2002 was picking up makerel...about another hr later another bream about the same again,,then another long wait and another bream,,fishfinder was getting a little miffed as he was trying his all to get one,,i ended up with 4 nice ones..finished about 11 30am,,,,,

thursday Evening time saw us on chesil again but sinkingslowly,picknick had joined us this time we went to westdexy about 300 yrds to the right,,fished the usual two hook clip downs sinkingslowly was first in with a nice coddling didnt get a piccy,,then i was in with a really big pout the biggest i've seen,then we all proceeded to catch pout and doggies,,, picknick had a scat a new species for him,,,around about 1am we decided to head back looking for some more bream,, we drove over ferrybridge and seen some chaps fishing so we stopped and had a chat with some chinese people at 2am friday morning who were catching pollack scad and maks,,just dangling their lines over the edge so fishfinder decided to catch him a new species for the year a pollack well done mate so we arrived at the spot where i had some luck earlier,again two hook clip downs rag and makerel baits hurled about 100 yrds again,first cast a nice eel about 8lb as the light picked up and the sun stared to rise the bream came on in total i had 6 nice fish again,,sorry guys don't understand it same rigs same bait but still i caught,, only difference we think was the distance i was getting,,

friday night was well knackered so went home and slepted....
Today sinking slowly and me decided to head back for some bream and garfish,,,same method clip down rigs first bite nice brean on the beach,then sinkingslowly had a nice little corkwing wrasse we think(i stand corrected if its a cuckoo)then my target a garfish,,then sinkingslowly had a bream then another wrasse,,then i had my first ever johndory,,,,so not a bad few days,,still got 5 days till she who must be obeyed comes back from hols,,so out again tonight,,targeting flatties,,

·
Registered
913 Posts
Summed Up In 2 Words?

Jam & Hartleys?????????

Nice One Deano Going Oput Tomorow Night And Mon Morning Chesil If The Winds Stay Down?

Hopeing Blankers Is Comeing?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
874 Posts
Superb fish there Deano. Haven't seen a haul like that this year till now. I'm still catching the tidlers. May have to give your spot a go, especially if there are john dory about.

Well done !!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
you seem to be doing well on chesil lately deano.
all being well,should be down there somewhere sun/mon.leave us a few fish will you:laugh:

·
Registered
913 Posts
hope team taffai aint getting any ideas about chesil lol:ph34r:

team england practice sessions looking good deano??:thumbs::1a:

pat and brickie are quite?:unsure:

nice bream though looking for some of them myself bringing blankers?

little rec and fish bash? hopefully successfull just to wined pat up??:bleh::bleh::thumbs:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice one Deano , those were the bream i have been dreaming about catching:victory:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you seem to be doing well on chesil lately deano.
all being well,should be down there somewhere sun/mon.leave us a few fish will you:laugh:
yeh blankerman seem to have been very lucky a few weeks ago i was trying to break my bream bad luck now i can't stop catching them,,been a few times in the last week or so and have done better when the water has been a little dirty and choppy,,i always thought nice calm sunny days but not at all that way,,,
will be out tonight and the morning may catch up with you will ring basspopper see where we all end up...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well fished,Sir. What a lovely haul. JD`s an ugly bugger but dont they ever taste fine. Congratulations

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i always thought nice calm sunny days but not at all that way,,,
QUOTE]

Myself and Gordfish tried Chesil in early August (Tue 5th, I was down on holiday)

It was very windy and a dissmall day. However , Mr G fish managed this one , a first from the shore for him .

I was lucky , I caught mackeral :whistling

·
Registered
367 Posts
well deano i am back from my trip up north so watch this space i suppose i will get out to catch u some more bait just to give u all the glory again all them hours and sleepless nights payed of with all the nice replies u keep getting just dont forget guys i was there even if i had no pics to show lol good report deano

·
Registered
342 Posts
good session mate nice dory thats 1 fish i really wanna catch but think it's very rare off selsey (i stand to be corrected)
does any 1 no good spots where there is a chance of a dory??

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Crikey Deano...........you certainly seem to have hit a purple patch lately, always nice to see such a good haul and that John Dory is a joy to look at (some may feel they look ugly.....personally, I think their unusual appearance is a feat of nature and makes them special!).

Well done mate. :clap:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crikey Deano...........you certainly seem to have hit a purple patch lately, always nice to see such a good haul and that John Dory is a joy to look at (some may feel they look ugly.....personally, I think their unusual appearance is a feat of nature and makes them special!).

Well done mate. :clap:
cheers andy,yeh have been very lucky on chesil this year some really nice fish,
going to try my luck again today,as is the last days of my hols and the missus comes home with the kids,,so will have to make the most,,thanks for all the good comments chaps,,,will post later if any joy,,going to target triggers,,,

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Proper result mate,I luv the dory piccy...and those bream were
nice and fat....especially from the beach.

Wos it a case of small hooks and baits to connect up with em.....
or did they have a greedy moment.

Gazza

1 - 20 of 21 Posts