World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hia lads ....... just got back from a so called plaice fishing sess at throb / point .. picked some bait up of a local lad [thanks ] started fishing in perfect conditions .. three other lads turned up and sed there wos alot of plaice being caught .. fished two rods started getting bites straight away thought tidy [ plaice ] reeled in flounder .. next cast bites again flounder .. next cast flounder . this kept up flounder after flounder and no plaice .. this woz getting beyond a joke .. anyway last chuck before it got dark got a bite again and i thought surely this has got to be a spotty and reeled in a whiteing lol lol lol never mind had a great nite .. result .. 11 . flounder .. 1 whiting .. all on fresh crab ... [ no pics only got cheapy phone ].. steve ... [ any bod going to nott end sunday ??? ]

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
That explains it stevie.......you won't catch plaice on crab at throbshaw, it's blow lug or nothing for some reason!!:g: As you found, you'll only get flounder and the odd bass on crab. Sometimes rag will work or even a cocktail of rag/lug.:) Try blow lug next time and you'll bag up!!:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers rushy .... my mate who woz with me woz useing worm he had a flounder .. the three lads that were fishing to my right were all fishing worm bait and they never had a fish between them .. one lad sed that the plaice must of nafft of from that area and gone further up the bay .. i dont know ??? .............

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
That explains it stevie.......you won't catch plaice on crab at throbshaw, it's blow lug or nothing for some reason!!:g: As you found, you'll only get flounder and the odd bass on crab. Sometimes rag will work or even a cocktail of rag/lug.:) Try blow lug next time and you'll bag up!!:)
well said rushy, you lads with local knowledge [and some of us up here] have known these facts for years. it was pointed out to me by a good mate from heysham years ago. he has access to plenty of crab but never took any with him to the point.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now peg leg ... wot you giveing it ... oh yeh ... all the fish returned like i always do never take any home like always .. p/s dont you start with the sarcy coments ??? c.u. in the bells ........ bushy ........

·
Registered
908 Posts
now peg leg ... wot you giveing it ... oh yeh ... all the fish returned like i always do never take any home like always .. p/s dont you start with the sarcy coments ??? c.u. in the bells ........ bushy ........
i hear the charity nite was a good one, hope u and langy behaved. and as far as peg legs are concerned you know all about them. bushy boy. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now lel ....... a good night last night .. no heroics like last week .. had a good sess got in at 4.30 this morning .. langy woz on song .... i dont act daft when allisons there ??? p/s just got up im dying ha ha ....... bushy ....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts