World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me ste n simon fished throbshaw today,first time for me there,i ended up with 5 small plaice and an eel,no such luck for the others,great day to be out and plenty more rods out aswell and a good spot to fish,never tried eel so its now boiling in milk :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
me ste n simon fished throbshaw today,first time for me there,i ended up with 5 small plaice and an eel,no such luck for the others,great day to be out and plenty more rods out aswell and a good spot to fish,never tried eel so its now boiling in milk :thumbs:

well done on the fish andy ......nice place throbshaw :):)

good luck with the snig ..........what a waste of good milk though :laugh:

tightlines.........................daz

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
well done there i walked down for a look with the nipper where were you fishing had a chat to the people on the right hand side never fished though just needed some gear from the tackle shop for whitehaven tomorrow

eels taste great skinned then chunked and fried in butter when your camping

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
NICE ONE ANDY ........tony c

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well done Andy.....I'm keen to hear how the eel tasted done in milk cos I've caught a few good size ones and often wondered how to cook 'em as I've only ever had them smoked but I don't have a smoker myself... I also like the idea of chunked, fried in butter(preferably garlic) when camping. mmmmmmm:thumbs:
Tight lines all
Billy

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was really nice billy,cut in to chunks boiled in milk,under grill for a couple of mins,sea salt black pepper and chucked onto a large t-cake :thumbs:

·
Registered
457 Posts
was really nice billy,cut in to chunks boiled in milk,under grill for a couple of mins,sea salt black pepper and chucked onto a large t-cake :thumbs:
..... you've made me hungry now!.... does it just fall away from the bone then when cooked that way?.... certainly sounds good to me!
Thanks Andy..... will give that one a try next time I get a decent sized snig.
Cheers
Billy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts