World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads
fished the point on tuesday brilliant weather .:clap2:
i got there well early 12.45 so i decided to sort my rucksack out and try to pump a few blow lug (there are thousands of casts) i got enough for a session but maybe i wasn't doing it quite right coz i lost more than i got. anyhow the bait i had to chuck at em was frozen mack,frozen black,frozen razor fish and the blow.
got set up 2 hours before high and got an eel straight away
don't mind catching when there that size.:clap3:

then i got two small plaice one after the other:clap3:

then it went very very quite :g: so i sat watching nodding rods for a spell

also got a small whiting.:g:

an owd chap from Bury was fishing next to me (to my right) he too only had
bites few and far between ,he was using fresh lug only but had 2 snig and three small plaice

but to my left a young lad (he said he worked at jerrys) was using peeler he
had a good afternoon 1 doggie,7 plaice and a three pound bass late on into the turn he came over and overd som crab to me and the owd lad, (very helpfull chap he was for doing that don't cha think) any way we had a couple of flounder but there was not much water left i packed up at 7.00 p.m i got a sun brunt neck and enjoyed the day its a good mark .

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: great report kieth , got to fish that place soon :secret: not had a snig for ages ( and dont realy want to either lol )
cuberd

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
:clap3: Great report and pictures Kieth:) It is a lovely venue to fish, very picturesque:) The plaice seem to be a bit on the small side for some reason, I only got small ones last week:g: Got quite a few cracking dabs though:clap2:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep i got a decent dab to m8
yo cupbourd lad i know what ya mean about the snigs
but decent sized ones are ok can't stand the little ba****ds that tie your line in knots and slim you to hell.
but yep i enjoyed the session what with the great weather an all .
the guy that caught the bass was really helpfull (though iv'e gotta confess i was a bit jealous but who wouldn't be )i called out to ask him what he caught it on and he offerd straight away to let me have some peelers and of course i offerd the old guy from bury some too. thats what working at gerrys must do for you nice lad not many of em around. well donre chum .
i think i still need some pumpin tuition though so far i'm self taught and i don;t think iv'e quite got it yet anybody doin a bit next monday/tuesday help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep thats im very nice young chap very helpfull gerry should be proud of him i didn't ask for owt i just asked what he caught the bass on.and he volunteered the peeler.
its good to see young lads like that keen to to help especially when you look at the richard craniums that inhabit our streets these days, good luck to him.
my sons like that too he would help anybody out.
thanks chukka

·
Registered
304 Posts
Can you fish this mark on any tide? or does it get cobered and cut you off on a big sring tide? i know the place quite well i always go and get my bait from there when ifish the wall or morecambe pier.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DO NOT TRY TO FISH THROBSHAW POINT AT ANYTHING OVER 7.8/9 EVEN THATS DODGY WITH A WIND BEHIND IT MATE,
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TIDES FOR THIS MARK BE SAFE AND CHECK IT OUT FIRST
ALSO BE VERY CAREFULL IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT FANCY A WALK OUT AT LOW WATER IT COMES IN FAST AND WILL CUT YOU OFF BEHIND YOU.
BEST BET STAY ON THE ROCKS AND ONLY BELOW 7.9 METER TIDE HIGH WATER.
STAY SAFE AND YOU WILL ENJOY FISHING THE POINT

·
Registered
304 Posts
i know about the tide rushing in at speed from bait digging sessions and thats why ive never fished the mark because it didnt appear safe to me. is it possible to spin for bass from them rocks?

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i know about the tide rushing in at speed from bait digging sessions and thats why ive never fished the mark because it didnt appear safe to me. is it possible to spin for bass from them rocks?
On a big tide i.e. 8.4m or above, you'll be fishing off the top of the rocks just below the cliffs and it's ideal to use a floating surface popper plug. You're fishing above the now submerged rocks, which hopefully the bass are picking over. :)

If you're fishing off the rocks themselves, you don't want to pick a tide any bigger than 8.4m max, smaller if it's windy....

You've got to be careful you don't get cut off with the tide coming behind you. **This is not a big tide venue** This pic was an 8m tide at high water, you could still get off this particular outcrop. Obviously an 8.6m would be dodgy and I wouldn't fish on this bit.

The flattish outcrop to the far right (as you look out to sea) is generally safe up to 8.4m. Use common sense though, if it's blowing a gale and waves are crashing over........:uhuh:

The outcrop underneath the power station on the left of this pic gets cut off on all but the very smallest tides, but I've fished this bit on a 9m tide if the conditions are right, as it very rarely gets covered. That's local knowledge though and I wouldn't advise anyone to do this. If you're unsure, don't take a chance!

You can expect to catch some quality plaice from late march early april onwards......and bass! As well as the usual flounder. Lug/rag or cocktail for the plaice, peeler crab for the bass flounder.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i don't know of anybody spinnin off there myself to be honest maybe if u take a spinnin rod down with you and try while your waiting for bites on the bait rod ???:idea:

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i don't know of anybody spinnin off there myself to be honest maybe if u take a spinnin rod down with you and try while your waiting for bites on the bait rod ???:idea:
Great minds think alike kimone:clap3:That's exactly what I intend to do:)I was thinking on a big tide you could baitfish until the tide pushed you off. Then you could do some topwater plugging over the submerged rocks until the tide dropped enough for you to continue baitfishing:g:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts