World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the weather as its been I thought I dont fancy walking on the rocks at my usual venue so I went off to search for a blonde or spotty :).Just a couple of hrs before high ...so went pebble dancing on the Knap...a place im not really fond of.
Set myself up with double sandeel on one ...2 hook flapper with lots of rag (cheers Andrew m8) and big conger bait .
Target today ...a blonde or spotty neither ive caught in 50 yrs of fishing:cool:.
wind was overhead ,sea flatish.

Wasnt long before the rod with rag bounced ..a tiny whiting ...well no prob ..no blank

IMG_20181015_100629.jpg

A good bite later ..a reasonable pout

IMG_20181015_111510.jpg

Another whiting
IMG_20181015_115019.jpg

Time to pack up ...lifting ray rod seemed to be stuck on the sand .....YES a ray has stuck its self to the bottom.
Oh yes its comeing...take time...bend in rod .:):):):)
Hits the surface now..mmm odd long a bluish:eek:, never seen an eel that colour ..must be wrong .:cool2:
Pulls said fish to shoreline ..Its a specimen 3 ft towel,took double sandeel

IMG_20181015_120935.jpg

Thats it folks ....ha

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Did it put up much of a fight? I once had a pair of shorts on the boat out by the North Cardiff buoy and they fought all the way in , on a raging tide.To this day they are still my p.b. shorts.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Nice one Brand ....
Years ago we used to catch a lot of "towels" off the black pipe in Newport. Then they moved the sewer pipe.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well done mate, I thought I had a brace of an eel and ray until i got closer and discovered it was a branch and carrier bag...... I was convinced I could feel the headshakes!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
We passed a guy. On the back of a boat once. Rod bent double. We thought eh that' looks a nice fish. So we turned around awesome scrap tbh blood sweat n tears. Imho. How ever after around 30 minutes 8x4 sheet of ply skimmed up to the surface ha.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Sounds similar to a session I had a few years ago. Fishing was really rubbish.

My mate had a cracking slack liner but it was just heavy all the way in.

I scrambled down the rocks to collect the fish and he couldn’t see. I shouted up oh pants. He thought that I had lost the fish.... but no..... it was a nice soggy pair of boxers....

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice report!

Great catch! You should plan a trip to Mallorca, i ve heard 8ft towels should be possible there!
Need a bigger boat then ....

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anyone got a towel recipe for brand, slow cooked I would think.
add cup of sea water,a sprig or bladder garished with a sheeps eye ..stew for a week then throw out

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did it put up much of a fight? I once had a pair of shorts on the boat out by the North Cardiff buoy and they fought all the way in , on a raging tide.To this day they are still my p.b. shorts.
ha,ha

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reactions: z42
1 - 20 of 34 Posts