World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to say a public thank you to Gerrys for their outstanding customer service, ordered a pair of rods which were unfortunately delivered to wrong address (think this was down to an autofill address which I overlooked ) that was resolved, then when the rods arrived they were without reelseats, but coasters instead, no big deal, but when I went to attach a reel the coaster came apart, contacted Gerry's and they sent out a pair of reelseats ! that's what i call good service, big thumbs up to Gerrys.

·
Registered
581 Posts
There a good company to deal with, I use them often with very little issues. But it's always good hearing a company will correct a problem rather than ignoring it like some others around.

These rods going up to Seaton next week Tim?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These rods going up to Seaton next week Tim?
enquiring minds want to know what rods you bought???
A pair of the Tronixpro Naga's Pete, for Raying on the rivers !
Not sure yet Ranc, probably take Century mk2 Supematch's, but will bring the 14ft Rangemasters for you to try (they really are nice rods) .

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently ordered a Shakespeare seat box from them along with the Breakaway back rest conversion. Despite the fact I ordered the wrong back rest online for my particular box they supplied the correct one which is more expensive. They highlighted on my receipt that they had provided the correct model despite the extra cost they made no additional charge. I regularly purchase from Gerry's and Veals and both have provided an excellent service.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A pair of the Tronixpro Naga's Pete, for Raying on the rivers !
Not sure yet Ranc, probably take Century mk2 Supematch's, but will bring the 14ft Rangemasters for you to try (they really are nice rods) .
Hi Tim,I've got a pair of the rangemasters and am very impressed with them. Im thinking of getting a couple of naga mx rods. Im after something with a bit more poke than the rangemasters but not a poker of a rod but still have a nice tip that will sit in the tide. Would the naga fall into this bracket?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jason, the Naga is imo quite pokey , a bigger fish rod, Rays , Conger, etc, the tip isn't as soft as I expected, I would look at the Icon elite Power, good rod for Rays , Congers with superb bite detection, lovely tip, the Naga is very much like a mk2 TT Sport but with a bit more power in the butt and middle

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Jason, the Naga is imo quite pokey , a bigger fish rod, Rays , Conger, etc, the tip isn't as soft as I expected, I would look at the Icon elite Power, good rod for Rays , Congers with superb bite detection, lovely tip, the Naga is very much like a mk2 TT Sport but with a bit more power in the butt and middle
Ok,many thanks Tim. The naga doesn't sound like what im after.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't get me wrong, it's still an superb bit of kit, just stiffer tipped than I expected, pulled out Rays for a pastime when I took mine out, without breaking a sweat ! bite indication isn't really an issue with fish like Rays etc !

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
have a look at this Video from Paul Gordan using the Naga's, will give you an idea of the rods action/capabilities

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it's still an superb bit of kit, just stiffer tipped than I expected, pulled out Rays for a pastime when I took mine out, without breaking a sweat ! bite indication isn't really an issue with fish like Rays etc !
They look a nice rod. With regards to the tip,I'm after something that will sit nicely in the tide and not be too stiff so it wont pull out a 6oz lead. Thanks Tim, still undecided

·
Registered
567 Posts
Gerry's have always been good I've bought plenty of gear of them over the years and never had a complaint.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts