World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some worm to use up, so took my boy down to the local river estuary. Armed with my Bass and spinning rod. Fished about 2 hours up to high and a bit after. Had lots of bites, nearly every cast from the Eels and managed to land about 6. Were couple of others down there already when we got there.about hour before high heard one shout over to us they had caught something, walked over to see what it was they had and there on the bank was a Bass of about 2 1/2 pound!! Then the sky opened up and along came the thunder and lightning, rushing to pack up the lightning conductors we ran under the motorway bridge that passes over the venue, flipped out our rods about 15mtrs, again within minutes the tip on one rod gave a little pull down, left it while we tried to sort out the sodden tackle, reeled it in and in came a double shot of flounder.Packed up soon after this as we were both soaked through. All in all a fun bit of fishing for a few hours,nothing exciting but keeps my sons interest in fishing and was better than my blank the day before.

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
nice one karl and son, best time to catch is when you have the boy with you mate!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one karl and son, best time to catch is when you have the boy with you mate!
Cheers darr. Keeps his interest up, He did keep asking me why we werent catching fish like the other man did, Told him they were scared of thunder so had all gone home:whistling.Good little venue for the kids, always lots of Eels to keep the rod tips rattling, chance of flatties,and there are Bass taken every year(not by me yet). Another venue I have taken him to is Portishead marina,Can use light tackle,even float fish in there, and your not slopping about in mud(which he seems to actually quite like) or worrying about them diving off the rocks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
well done on the double shot

was fishing under the new bridge at severn beach with my brother and nephew, i missed a slackline and that was it for me. loads of little rattles but ended up with mr blank. while my brother had 1 eel and nephew had 2 eels.:doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done for sticking it out.:victory:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well done on the double shot

was fishing under the new bridge at severn beach with my brother and nephew, i missed a slackline and that was it for me. loads of little rattles but ended up with mr blank. while my brother had 1 eel and nephew had 2 eels.:doh::doh::doh:
Unlucky on the blank mate and my boys outfished me a couple of times now.lol. you can get some big conger up under that bridge,in the slack created by the eddy.

Nice one Karlos, I'll have to give it a go there with my lad soon then :)
You can fish the Pill side too off the wall by the Mudrina, all the way down to just past the bridge. Rag seems the best bait. In saying that the bass yesterday fell to mackie.No need to cast far and get away with bass/carp type tackle.small to medium tides.
Thats me fished out now to possibly Thursday, more likely Saturday though. going to give up top a go me thinks. Tanks, Rockingham,bit further up? cant make up my mind.

·
Registered
936 Posts
guys im trying rockingham on tuesday if anyones interested? not fished the venue before. done the tanks plenty of times so guess it will be like that.goin with a mate from work. give me a shout if anyones up for it. could pick u both up if needs be. john

1 - 11 of 11 Posts