World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the hike to Thurrock Marshes this morning despite the sky looking like the end of the world was nigh! Set up a bomber rig baited with rag and within 5 minutes had my first fish, a 12" schoolie. The next, identical fish followed immediately followed by a nice, plump 2.5lb fish. Basshunter Pete arrived and we caught schoolies, around a dozen until we lost the tide. Not a bad couple of hours although just the one sizable.

Was expecting to see sole on the slack water but none showed.

PS> If the fish looks like its nose is cut off its because one of our black cats was having a sniff!

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well that gives me a bit more faith for going out on Sunday and I've got lug & rag.

Did you have to cast far Miz?

·
Registered
21,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really, the fish will come on top of the mud ledges even about 30 yards out but you may be looking to cast a proper 100 yards if they dont ie. when its calm and sunny or lower down the tide.

I'm learning all the time about the Thames, so I'm really no expert....not sure there is one 'cos every 50 yards the ground can change! Also baits, had my ass whipped 2 weeks about by Pete with lug, today they wanted rag.

Dont be afraid to cast amongst all the crap either, you may lose a bit of gear but there will be fish there.

Good luck!

Well that gives me a bit more faith for going out on Sunday and I've got lug & rag.

Did you have to cast far Miz?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thats not a bad result Miz. :thumbs: I was at east tilbury today and had 2 schoolies, 1 eel and a small flounder :doh:

·
Registered
21,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a bit like roullette at the moment whether a schoolie takes it or a decent one (sizable)!

Thats not a bad result Miz. :thumbs: I was at east tilbury today and had 2 schoolies, 1 eel and a small flounder :doh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts