World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a small group of us are heading to Plymouth on the 23rd Aug for a boat trip, does anyone have tide times and heights, thinking of heading out to hands deep weather permitting. any info on fishing that area would also be appreciated, ie depths etc

·
Registered
505 Posts
a small group of us are heading to Plymouth on the 23rd Aug for a boat trip, does anyone have tide times and heights, thinking of heading out to hands deep weather permitting. any info on fishing that area would also be appreciated, ie depths etc
Hi

I use the BBC site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml?date=20080730&loc=0014
for my local tides. Just make sure you refresh the page each time to get the correct tide table.
Can't help with the fishing info, I'm in west Cornwall:bye1:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I find the Red Edistone Eels to be one of the best jellies for Plymouth. They seem to outfish any other shad or jelly m8. Weights depending on tides range from 8oz for drifting to 1lb+ for Conger/wrecking. Use Booms with 6ft+ hook length with a very short weight snood for drifting (pollock, ling, cod), and running ledgers with 150lb + hook length for the snakes, in all pretty basic stuff but very effective ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts