World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bobbed out couple days ago, early n half dozen casts n tm 175 in orange had follow, could see fish dorsal fin out water... was casting as far as poss, at least 50 yds... this happened 3 times, follow me half way in n bugger of. then cast, couple turns of reel n Bam, biggest hit, nearly pulled me of tiny rock, stripped 10 or so feet of line n then rocket towards me, got slack n then fish stopped, big head shake, rod tip moved side 2 side n then gone... this was still 30 odd yards away... this happened again bout 5 casts later... i recently changed to braid right through to make night fishing easier... this was a big fish... gutted!!
might this be the lure, only 1 still barbed though. drag, distance or just 1 (or 2) of those things???
still crying..
did catch a 1 inch goby in my boot though so made up :bounce:

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,707 Posts
bad luck mate , give me a shout when your free next we will have a meet up mate :love: , and you wont believe this but do you know that plug i gave you ,and you lost , a mate of mine found it and gave it back to me , red gills still painted in , im keeping it now , was wasted on you :roll1::roll1::kissing: send me a text when your free , was your drag set to tight mate on the biggy , on a good fish with braid direct ,this can be a problem :doh:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Unlucky. I personally have my drag just a bit lighter than I need it, unless fishing a complete snag pit. Its tight enough to set the hooks, but will still give line fairly easily. I adjust it tighter soon after the fish is hooked. Learn't from bad experience of a big fish hitting me close in and bolting. Well done on the Goby though.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
bad luck on that one Andy (keep at it - theres another biggie waiting out there)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bad luck mate , give me a shout when your free next we will have a meet up mate :love: , and you wont believe this but do you know that plug i gave you ,and you lost , a mate of mine found it and gave it back to me , red gills still painted in , im keeping it now , was wasted on you :roll1::roll1::kissing: send me a text when your free , was your drag set to tight mate on the biggy , on a good fish with braid direct ,this can be a problem :doh:
:roll1:where bouts was it found, the other half lost it down chesil cove...
lost 5 recently and have been winding drag on click or so at time as was to loose and lost while trying to adjust... not sure on how tight should be but when braid dry cant pull through n when wet pulls but tight... if you c what mean...
:love: i'm free a lot more at the min so i'll giv ya shout cheers Bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts