World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody please confirm the tide time and height for sat morn.My book tells me that its 08.37 and 12.7 meter (swansea) bit a certain person who shall remain nameless keeps insisting that my book is wrong. and he`s cooking my head!!!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Its correct though,,i swear!!..

I been fishing twice since the clocks went forward using that tide table,,and it was spot on every time..

Last time i was on the pier,,a load of blokes turned up 1hr after high,,thinking there was still an hour to go,,,i told them they were 2 hours late,,and they agreed coz they saw that the water line had dropped a couple of foot..and they left

·
Registered
57 Posts
i got the same times as you big dee.
only thing i can think of is either someone messed up big time printing the books in which case they are useless untill october :confused: or the bbc need to learn how to tell the time as someone put the clocks back instead of forward

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my timetable from a certain shop in Sketty, S'sea. It's been very accurate with the Swansea tide times. I always fish in Porthcawl and normally add about 5 mins onto the time and it's never been wrong. It gives very similar times to the beeb s'sea website times.

Last week I tried the green banks in Loughor, i guessed the tide there, but was wrong by about 3 hrs!!!!! ....it's like 3 hrs flood and 9 hours ebb!!! completely forgot about that place........oh! and there was a gastly easterly wind! ...hmmmph! maybe I should've gone to the pub instead!!!!! lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Big dee said:
Could somebody please confirm the tide time and height for sat morn.My book tells me that its 08.37 and 12.7 meter (swansea) bit a certain person who shall remain nameless keeps insisting that my book is wrong. and he`s cooking my head!!!
Hi,

Don't know if this will help as a cross reference, my Liverpool book has the time and tide as 11.33am and 10m for Sat morning, looking at the map, I'd estimate you need to knock 4 hours off for Swansea, making the high tide around 7.30am in Swansea...Just noticed the small print in the book, (All times are GMT, from 27th March to 30th October add 1 hour) so that would bring you back to 8.30'ish in the morning.

Regards..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
cardiff tide is accordin 2 easytide, 18.58pm tonite. 12.6 metre. but what i do 2 get it right is add an hour, and add .6 of a metre. so cardiff tides 2nite are as follows,,,,,,,, hi tide 19.58........ pm. height is 13.2metres. if i,m wrong sue me..

·
Registered
12 Posts
http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/ for Swansea Sat 9th April with 1HR for british summer time says 7:38 and 9.9m. So yep, I reckon the book is wrong and
I would believe the Admiralty.

They say top water tonight is 19:16 and I will be watching. If it isn't I will post an update and demand some of my income tax back

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so accorrding to the admirtly if I dont add the hr my book is just about right but the height is way of many thanks all.looks like my Bro was right . Nooooooo

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Tide Table says 0637+1hr after March 27th (0737) Local paper says 0737, now if we were in Ireland they would say "now what time would you be wantin it to come in sirrrrr", as they did to me in Rosslare at the small boat festival!
That was after I called into the pub after digging worm, only to be told that they were'nt open yet! but was asked would I like a drink while I was waiting? Now there's civilised folk for you!
blueskip

·
Registered
54 Posts
blueskip said:
Tide Table says 0637+1hr after March 27th (0737) Local paper says 0737, now if we were in Ireland they would say "now what time would you be wantin it to come in sirrrrr", as they did to me in Rosslare at the small boat festival!
That was after I called into the pub after digging worm, only to be told that they were'nt open yet! but was asked would I like a drink while I was waiting? Now there's civilised folk for you!
blueskip
blueskip if we get round to knab rock (an sittin down with a pint afterwards) we'll tell you the ''...tale of the rosslare bass'' - it's class, - but too long to type after this much beer at this time of day! (it gets late early in Lancs). ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
High tide in the book reads 06.37 + 1 hour = high tide for sat morn 07.37.
............................................07.15......................................sun morn 08.15.
Tides are 12.7 swansea scale both days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts