World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas
could somone let me know the tide height and time for wednesday next week please:help:, fancy doin a bit of dangling in the penarth/barry area.

tight lines steve.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shouldn't enquiries like this just be binned without response?

If a person is IT literate enough to create a profile and log in to the site, then they are surely capable of a simple google search of 'tide times cardiff'.

FFS... it's not exactly classified information, is it?:rtfm:

If someone is too thick/lazy to look up public information for themselves then it's pointless giving them any comprehensive info and furthermore will only encourage them to crud up the forum with further moronic questions.

If I wanted to know if it was day or night.. i'd look out of the window before phoning someone! With me?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Shouldn't enquiries like this just be binned without response?

no, they are a source of amusement...

there is an area of South Wales where, apparently, Easytide does not work and you will drown for certain if you do not use tide tables by 'Arrowsmith'...

Easytide............... "good enough for the World.... but not South Wales"

It is an area where no one knows what datum is or how to correct for a different one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
cap'n
I fully appreciate what you're saying but I think in this instance the technical nuances between which datum is used is far in advance of the original OP question.
Had the OP asked for links to websites that would enable them to inform themselves, or asking if Ogmore Deeps is safe given expected wind/height/swell, then that would certainly be considered a legitimate enquiry.

The original question may as well have been "I might be going fishing in the dark sometime next week, what colour socks should I wear?"

It may sound harsh but don't spoonfeed those who are capable of using forks!

Sorry to be bitchy but I honestly think that a little bit of self-application wouldn't go amiss...

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in stating that if a person can't be ar$3d to look up the basics then maybe they shouldn't be anywhere near the water for their own good...

x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts