World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Tidemills with the Fox 3pm-9pm. Bait was 3 doz crabs, rag and freshouts. Set up 2 rods a piece fishing different baits at various distances. Loads of people on the beach and plenty of boat activity.
Managed 3 flounders between us biggest about 1lb. Plenty of anglers feathering but nout caught. All in all a poor session. Interesting to note the number of anglers feathering on the Newhaven arm which I thought was closed to anglers?. They were not walkers so must have been fishing.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
There is a lot of algae or mayrot in the water at the moment which could be why it's so quiet at the moment,the mackerel certainly don't like it and have moved off a bit.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Fished Tidemills with the Fox 3pm-9pm. Bait was 3 doz crabs, rag and freshouts. Set up 2 rods a piece fishing different baits at various distances. Loads of people on the beach and plenty of boat activity.
Managed 3 flounders between us biggest about 1lb. Plenty of anglers feathering but nout caught. All in all a poor session. Interesting to note the number of anglers feathering on the Newhaven arm which I thought was closed to anglers?. They were not walkers so must have been fishing.
:thumbdown ya know how ya feel 7 of us fished the mills very hard work,we had a few mullet ,small bass ,and flounder,the lads on the east arm done a lot better ,but then again wat a loverly day ta fish ,strange there was no gar :nerd:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Baz -I fished there earlier in the week using Maddies and fishing into darkness. Had half a dozen schoolies, two wrigglers, a couple of tiny Starry Smoothounds, a Weaver and Sole (sizeable - tasted great) and a small Whiting.

Just goes to show the difference between daylight and after dark this time of year.

I guess it needs another month before the Goldies become a bit more of a certainty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts