World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the folks who fish out there have hard foam grips on there rods these can become a bit tatty looking after a while A quite quick solution to make them look a bit better (i can hear all the folks out tbere xaying it does not catch you anymore fish) and yes they are right it wont get the fish crawling up your line but I think if you srart to look after your tackle properly then it rubs off on to other things like making your rigs look better ect and that will catch you more fish Anyway back to what I was getting at the foam grips can look a bit tatty after a while solution is get yourself a cherry blossom shoe polish in the liquid form with the foam head on it best way ive found is too go around the ends in a circular motion until there nicley black then do the main part in long strokes down wards do once leave to dry about 25-30mins and repeat 3-4 coats will suffice like I said it wont catch you more fish instantly but 1 your rods will look better and with most folks you will start to think more about youe gear and that will put more fish on the beach after you have learned bto be a neater angler its just a thought lads and lasses cheers ken

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My Shakey Flattie rod just had shrink tube grips, I couldn't hold the foregrip any sense, so I bought a roll of self adhesive foam draught excluder, and wound two thicknesses around the foresection. That made things a whole lot better, and was as cheap as chips.

·
Registered
20,643 Posts
My Shakey Flattie rod just had shrink tube grips, I couldn't hold the foregrip any sense, so I bought a roll of self adhesive foam draught excluder, and wound two thicknesses around the foresection. That made things a whole lot better, and was as cheap as chips.
:) Tennis racquet tape is brilliant if you don't want the hassle of removing old grips and fitting new ones but if it doesn't entail removing a ring or two just replace the grips with nice soft foam ones. :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Tennis racquet tape is brilliant if you don't want the hassle of removing old grips and fitting new ones but if it doesn't entail removing a ring or two just replace the grips with nice soft foam ones. :)
Ive used the tennis grip tape before whrn completely stripping down a blank and re doing the whole rod its good gear you can get a good grip on the rod for casting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts