World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya guys.....just baught a tiga sl12 and was just wondering what is the best procedure to do to ensure that i get the most out of my battery......shall i fully charge it and then let it drain???that sort of thing...thanks :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
77 Posts
if i was you mate you should never leave youre battery run right down. the sl twelve as the new hydrate battery which is supposed to have no memory ,but i wouldnt trust their sales pitch.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not what you want to hear, had a sl12 for 9 months and after the around 6 months the socket (that takes the jack plug) on the battery worked lose and the light would flicker on and off whenever i moved. i did'nt use it for a couple of months and the next time i used it the battery shorted and melted the plastic wrapper to my smock. thats night fishing was ruined, got back to the carpark and threw the battery and smock in the bin, not thinking. got in touch with tiga and they just were'nt interested, saying they never have any problem with them, but i know that anglers corner in LLanelli had three back in the same week.
as far as i'm concerned the socket is not very well constructed.
so if anyone wants to buy a tiga headpiece and battery charger, the one with lights on to show the state of charge and has a trickle charge, let me know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
was on earlier the sl twelve hasn;t got the new hydride battery their on the sl eighty five you have the old lead acid one :oops: sorry about that mate. never let battery run completely flat or you will have trouble after awhile recharging it due to it getting a memory which means it will only partly charge from then on .

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Also the sl9t has the hydride battery, awsome light, love it, should be for £259.99 tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts