World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had mine over 7 years and ive finally got a problem with it,
It has become very very intermitant.
The problem is in the small black plastic thing (looks like a small film holder)with the black and red battery lead coming out of one end and the plug in hole at the other .
The prob is in the plug in hole which i cant get into to clean.
Anyone got any ideas or experience of the same prob?
Any help much aprecaited,cheers
john
PS Ive e mailed TIGA and i m waiting for comeback.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You will probably need to replace the whole connector block but i think they are less then £10.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can get little fibre brush things from a camera shop which they use to clean the contact points inside cameras etc. Will that sort of thing help? Don't own one of those lamps so not sure if it will fit or if that's the problem. If it's grit or soemthing, you could try an air cannister thing like for cleaning under the keys of your keyboard to blow it out

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for replying fellas.
Got inside it and soldered loose wire.
Good for another 7 years now:)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'll be honest here, I have never seen a Tiga be4 but here's a very good tip that just might work, try a pencil ( one with the rubber on the end ) rubbers will clean contacts easily ( old camera trick ) hope it helps you :)

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
had the same problem a few years ago. its just wear and tear on the cables. as you found out cutting back and re soldering sorts it. i put quite a few winds of black elec tape around it and along the cable to rienforce it. the same can happen to the plug. this happened twice [mine gets a lot of use especially for digging]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts