World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i tryed them up west wales a couple of weeks ago and the whiting loved them i had two whiting on a pennel pully:)

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
My mate Sparkypete has been bagging up on raw tiger prawns all winter, pulling in double shots of whiting on them when the rest of us couldn't get a bite on macky. :)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
read somewhere that using tiger prawns wasn't a good idea because they could possibly spread a certain type of bug/germ/virus (?) into the food chain here in our waters.

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
codling,whiting,pouting (which can go mad for them),poor cod and doggies...oh and a little strap conger and rockling.these are the tescos frozen ones which sparkypete mentioned to me....well they were half price:)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Some of the tiger prawns from the far east are raised in sewage farms and have been linked to some food poisoning outbreaks.(Make sure they're well cooked if you eat them !)This has led to them being banned from some water supply resevoirs in Britain and Europe.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Used them quite a bit for winter whiting.....they seem to love them

Caught my 1st ray this year on tiger prawn from Sainsburys fish counter when all the usual baits failed

just over 3lb from near Hutchins point in Porthcawl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts