World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to the worlds end pub at 01.30 with a high tide at 05.30. Bait was lug and a packet of squid. Decided to fish the right hand corner so a rod could go into the bay for flounders and soles.
However after 3 hours without a bait the situation was getting desperate. Eventually I had a bait an eel of around 3/4 lb at least I wasn't going to blank.
Around 5ish the rod that had been casted into the bay gace a little knock and my sole of the year was soon out of the water. The sole was around sizeable but very thin so it went back for another day. A 2nd sole followed shortly afterwards this time with one of the rods that had been casted straight out. This one was well undersize. When reeling in to pack away one of the rods felt heavier than normal although nothing was fighting. Over the rocks come sole number 3 when the shockleader knot broke. Not to be outdown I could still see the leader over the rocks so I climbed over the wall and made my way over the rocks to the leader. On retrieving the leader the sole was still there this one around the 1lb mark, again it went back.
all in all not a bad night fishing, bait was getting stripped quite quickly and the lug wasn't the best bait ever.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good that you had some sole mate, well done, any flounders caught from around that area recently?

will93
It is a known flounder mark, if I had maddies instead of lug then I reckon I would of had more flounders and soles.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well done jassyfa. Thats a better result than I had last Saturday. I fished east tilbury and blanked :cry:

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done jassyfa. Thats a better result than I had last Saturday. I fished east tilbury and blanked :cry:
I think East Tilbury is shallower than West Tilbury, which is why you get less sole. Did you fish bottle beach?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, I set up right at the end of the footpath, I suppose its about halfway between the power station and coalhouse fort, just before the concrete wall. I`ve had some decent flounder along that stretch before using frozen lug. :unsure:

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I set up right at the end of the footpath, I suppose its about halfway between the power station and coalhouse fort, just before the concrete wall. I`ve had some decent flounder along that stretch before using frozen lug. :unsure:
Did you fish the night or day tide? If the night tide how safe is the car

·
Team Essex
1,055 Posts
you may find that the lug being on the turn was the reason for taking the sole as i find that when they look ****e the sole seem to take them .take it you didnt get blocked in by the trucks

·
Registered
47 Posts
jassyfa have you tried the flood gates outside the power station it can fish well on low to medium tides cooked brown shrimps work well for flounders as do maddies try two or three hook flappers. on big tides you will find your back up against the flood gates with no room to cast ,cast as close as you can to the extention where the bouy is tied up. i dont know about sole from here but i do know that it can throw up a good bass now and then .

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jassyfa have you tried the flood gates outside the power station it can fish well on low to medium tides cooked brown shrimps work well for flounders as do maddies try two or three hook flappers. on big tides you will find your back up against the flood gates with no room to cast ,cast as close as you can to the extention where the bouy is tied up. i dont know about sole from here but i do know that it can throw up a good bass now and then .
I have fished in front of the power station before always on a small tide. I wouldn't fish there at night as my car would be out of view, and Tilbury isnt the safest place to leave a car unattended.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I always use old bait for soles and dabs especially. They seem to like it and the pout prefer the fresh. Well done ,3 sole nice fishing.:busted_co

·
Registered
239 Posts
Did you fish the night or day tide? If the night tide how safe is the car
It was the day tide and I park in the coalhouse fort car park. It closes at night so its no use for a night tide session. My apologies to the people of west tilbury but I`d be worried to leave my car parked there even during the day.:ph34r:

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
Nice jason but all that money on a few fish when will u realise you have to come with me to a venue to fish for lots of fish

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice jason but all that money on a few fish when will u realise you have to come with me to a venue to fish for lots of fish
As I have 2 jobs and work around 60 hours a week just to make ends meet, I might be able to get an evening of on Xmas day, is that ok with you?

·
Immigrant of Essex
844 Posts
As I have 2 jobs and work around 60 hours a week just to make ends meet, I might be able to get an evening of on Xmas day, is that ok with you?
Noooooooooooooooooo Jason all work and no play :doh:

so when you coming to selsey you wingebag :bleh::clap2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have fished in front of the power station before always on a small tide. I wouldn't fish there at night as my car would be out of view, and Tilbury isnt the safest place to leave a car unattended.
as i was born n bred in tilbury i can honestly say that if you look around you will see loads of cars left unattended most of them have "police aware" stickers on them and no wheels lol.:busted_co

1 - 17 of 17 Posts