World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recomend a lamp for night fishing that is as bright as the old tilley lamps?
I have a tilley but am looking to replace with a lamp that doesnt require the liquid fuel and pumping ect them who have them will know what I mean. :unsure:
From all the advice Ive had from you all we are going to give arnside a miss on thursday and try Glasson so we'll be up there about 16:30 ish if anybody fancies it?

B

·
0 Posts
I doubt you'll find an electric light/lamp that will compare to Tilley or any other liquid fuel light.The nearest you'll get to petrol/parrafin lamps is Gas.

M

·
0 Posts
I have a coleman twin tube battery lantern (rechargable) and although not as bright, it is just so much easier than messing about with petrol/parafin. Also less likelyhood of a mantle getting broken.

Quite often my partner and I will just have one tube on and it's plenty bright enough for the two of us.

Couple it with a headlamp (we only have cheap led ones) and you can see perfectly.

The lamp we have probably does 12 - 14 hours on a charge. I had it as an xmas pressie but they cost £27 I think. It has a mains charger and a 12 volt lead too.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get youreself a decent headlamp well worth it no extra weight in box or bag.
Have a look at the speleo ions my lasts 23hrs on half light and thats all i ever use

1 - 4 of 4 Posts