World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious...With the little time that we all seem too have for our obsession, what is it that makes you call time on a session. Hunger, Cold ,wet, run out of bait, state of the tide....Or maybe just a feeling. Why do you go home...

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Usually when I get fed up of catching dogs and whiting :laugh:.

If it's not that then it's either when the fishing goes quiet or like Mackfish said when the thought that I have to be up for work at 6:30 makes bed more appealing than the fishing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If I have not had a hint of a nod on my rod for about half hour I have to call it quits. I fish while hubbs sits in the car and reads so more often than not after 3,4 or 5 hours he's ready to go home. Though once in October when the weather was lovely we stayed out for hours and ended up watching the sun come up and the tide go out . We walked along the beach by the prom when the tide had gone and collected back most of the tackle I had lost.

G

·
I try to stay as long as I can.. I either get fed up or knackered... Don't get to go as often as I would like, so I make a pig of myself when I get to the shingle... To be honest, I am not sure if the excitement of what I may catch, or just sitting alone, with my thoughts.Think that is why I love beach fishing.. Mix of the two I guess... Can't wait for some nice spring nights!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
If I have not had a hint of a nod on my rod for about half hour I have to call it quits. I fish while hubbs sits in the car and reads so more often than not after 3,4 or 5 hours he's ready to go home. Though once in October when the weather was lovely we stayed out for hours and ended up watching the sun come up and the tide go out . We walked along the beach by the prom when the tide had gone and collected back most of the tackle I had lost.

Wondered where that was going thought I was gonna have to gag you. lol lol

After all it is a family site lol

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
When the says Ive got to be home! I tught thes why everyone stops... Also sometimes you just get that feeling that enoughs enough.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
just until you have had enough, or when you out all night fishing you go home just before the first seagull Fa**s,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
When the wife phones me to remind me that I do have another life somewhere.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If it's on the Thames, just when the tide goes out.

If it's down the coast and I'm on my own, when I've been spooked by the rats & foxes. Oh and when a hippy pitched their tent 10 foot from my shelter one evening last summer down Princes Parade. I was smack bang in the middle and the nearest anglers were by the Murco or up by golf course - I was dreading them deciding to yak at me all night so I texted a mate to phone me so it wasn't too obvious why I was legging it.

Otherwise, it's just tiredness that makes me stop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts