World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at my usual place at 8pm, first hour was dead until the tide started moving then all hell let loose, god it was manic, the Whiting went into a feeding frenzy,at last some good sized ones here now, this carried on till 12-30 then I had a chance to have a cuppa,caught 41 in 3.5 hours,best nights fishing for a long time,no weed but Crabs still there when the tide is slack,packed up at 1-30am

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well that man again ,had enough off the shingle after last week,off across the boarder wednesday
going to try Corton,passport is up to date,so should not have a problem so it will be hello sunny
suffolk LOL good bunch of lads them,dont think we will do as well as you as we are fishing day time
if can get half that and 2 fat dabs will be well chuffed will put post up somtime thursday when i get
back from norfolk norwich hospital

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Great to know that sizeable whiting have already arrived (harvest moon was always considered to be the time to dust off the rods, put the Carp gear away and hit the beach).

Seems wierd to read about Whiting as I have just returned from a Cornish rock mark having caught a number of mackeral.

Also good to note the polarity in species between North and South Venues on the same coast.
Presumably somewhere around Overstrand will be cross over point.

Bring on the Cod.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Always a pleasure to read your reports. I had that frenzy last year at Weybourne, never had that cuppa or used the chair!
Thinking of taking a visitor that way on Wed p.m. but its going to be bottom of the tide or just turning.
Is it worth the trip? Othewise it will be the shingle for dabs and maybe a bass....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.