World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about a good reflective tape for the tip of my rod and where i can get some from.

cheers
Fishhunter

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eddy you make my sides split with laughter.....tackle shop eh? lol

The reason i asked is for advice on what is best so i will look at the mightybrite wooky cheers

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Another vote for MightyBrite :sun:. Fantastic stuff, accept no substitute. As the walking carpet says drop a pm to Crazyplums on here, he makes the stuff.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just put MightyBright on one of my rods...superb stuff!!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Pretty clever stuff actually. I use it on my Impact shields so I can see the rig coming back at night that bit sooner.
and on my knives
flask
t bar
tripod
small disgorger
tackle box
gate posts.
loads of stuff.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah it seems to come highly reccommended and i have been in touch with crazyplums.

cheers guys

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
talk to hugh aka crazyplumbs its the dogs danglies had the same stuff on for three years and its still bright and have just sent payment for next batch for the new rods

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Another vote for mighty bright :thumbs:
Strangely, even though I know the Eclipse is a newer innovation, I rate the original higher :thumbs:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i have now got mine coming cheers for all the replies

·
Registered
525 Posts
A couple of pics showing the eclipse tape, which is actually black and almost invisible in daylight against the rod blank but illuminates really well in darkness.

Also white and green tape which I used to highlight bits on the tripod.

An excellent product, and Hugh (Crazyplums), a top bloke to deal with.
:thumbs:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
I've been using Sakuma rodtip reflective tape (made by 3M) but i haven't seen Mightybright, so i couldn't make a comparison... Marc.:thumbs:

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Another vote for mighty bright :thumbs:
Strangely, even though I know the Eclipse is a newer innovation, I rate the original higher :thumbs:
really? the original was a golden creamy colour when illuminated, where-as the new material glows a proper white. the new material also conforms much better, a far superior product to be honest, certainly costs me more then twice the price of the old materials!

Hugh

see...

the rod nearest has the orignal eclipse, looks creamy, the two further rods are the new eclipse and are white!

·
Registered
415 Posts
MightyBright from here too, I have it on some little tools aswell so i dont loose them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the replies and comments regarding tip tape and i cant wait for mine to come through the post box it will be wound straight on to the rod and dragged into a dark cupboard with me looking daft with a headlight to check out my glowing rod tip.....lol

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
really? the original was a golden creamy colour when illuminated, where-as the new material glows a proper white. the new material also conforms much better, a far superior product to be honest, certainly costs me more then twice the price of the old materials!

Hugh

see...

the rod nearest has the orignal eclipse, looks creamy, the two further rods are the new eclipse and are white!

Possibly I was using the older stuff then Hugh? Ian H sent me some for my new rods, doesnt seem as bright as how I remember the original mighty bright (NOT the eclipse) to be? Still good stuff though, and I'm still baffled as to how something black can reflect white :crazy: :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts