World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i am going to attempt to spin tomorrow for the first time. will be using everything not designed for spinning :) beachcaster and multiplier or carp rod and fixed spool, only thing i have is a couple of spinners dexters and yanns. will be spinning from the beach 1 hour from high tide. are there any bits of advice you can give me.

thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
My only input is to use the carp and fixed spool reel and just try different things, slower/faster retrieves, jerkin the rod etc. Its all trial and error. No mark fishes the same so you gotta experiment! Im rather new to spinning too, but thats my two cents.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hello Chilli, use the crap rod and fixed spool mate, and you should score, the bass are filling up over here on whitebait at the moment, and are right up on the beaches, a yann or wedge will look perfect for imatating small fry. And warcraft is your interest...man after my own heart mate I drive my family mad watching everything military on the box.....form square!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) no offence guys it is an old crap rod anyways.
well went out today and had a enjoyable 3 hours saw some bass jumping out the water not 10 ft from me...caught none :(

here's a question with regards to dexters wedges, the one i used today was an el cheapo make nad all the color's seem to have scratched off, it looks as if it is applied with a sort of cellophane paper, are they all like this or are there better ones ?

will have to try a shad or plug/lure next

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
:) no offence guys it is an old crap rod anyways.
well went out today and had a enjoyable 3 hours saw some bass jumping out the water not 10 ft from me...caught none :(

here's a question with regards to dexters wedges, the one i used today was an el cheapo make nad all the color's seem to have scratched off, it looks as if it is applied with a sort of cellophane paper, are they all like this or are there better ones ?

will have to try a shad or plug/lure next
But the proper ones, no paper on them. Only about £2 each.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dexter wedge after about 3 sessions the holgraphic film thing came off if thats wat ur talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts