World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also fished climping yesterday afternoon,im assuming you were directly in front of the car park. I was fishing to the left two bays across(curly hair) if you coud see. Neway was going for stingers had a few decent bites on the hermit and landed a big eel must of been atleast 2lbs on the lug(where ever I go they jst seem to follow me, little bastards). are stingers there only when its sunny(so the sand warms) or is an overcast ok? how far do you have to cast? what state of the tide; mid flood or early ebb? does the sea have to be dead calm?is "the long groyne" jst west of the car park, on the point? also heard of a couple of smuts landed a few days ago from here do you no nething bout it?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
You ask a lot of questions!

It is, in my opinion, better when the sun is out and warming the sand. Saying that, when they are "in", they are in. You can catch them at all ranges, I suggest use two rods, one in short and one a bit further out, or you could just use one rod and alternate the distances. As for state of tide, I have caught them at all states, e.g. half hour after low, and at high tide. Also had one 3 hours down. I have had more success when the sea is calm. As for smutts, everyone is getting very hyped up very early this year....it is APRIL! Try for smutts in the usual hotspots in June.

:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply, the reason y i ask so many questions is that im aware of how short their stay is wich doesnt give me much time for trial n error.thanx neway mate - mite c u down there sometime

1 - 3 of 3 Posts