World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been offered one of these at what seems a good price (£35)

Are they any good for wrecking with lures and winter cod teamed with a 15lb ugly stik ?

Rob

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
In a word, yes. They are a nice medium size reel, maybe a little heavyweight for gilling with the rod you mention, but perfect for winter codding in deepish water. For that price I would bite his hand off.

Raider.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for the replies guys, just what i wanted to hear as i like the look of it.

Piscatory, he also has a tld5 he may sell, but i was under the impression it was a bit on the small side, glad you mentioned that as i will also look at that when i pop round to see him.

Rob.

·
Registered
21,653 Posts
Thankyou for the replies guys, just what i wanted to hear as i like the look of it.

Piscatory, he also has a tld5 he may sell, but i was under the impression it was a bit on the small side, glad you mentioned that as i will also look at that when i pop round to see him.

Rob.
:clap3:TLD 5 is perfect, have used one for over 20 years, although I now tend to use my Accurate 270 2 speed.:clap3:

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you can gt hold of a TLD 5 in a reasonable condition, grab it, they are hard to come by. Mine is at least 15 years old and still working well but I had been trying to find a standby for quite some time until very recently my son was in Australia and found one brand spanking new in original box for which I paid the equivalent of about £70.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers boys, off the back of that i will see if he will do me them both at the same money, dont ya just love these forums, i potentially missed a good reel had it not been mentioned.

A very gratefull Rob.

·
Registered
21,653 Posts
If you can gt hold of a TLD 5 in a reasonable condition, grab it, they are hard to come by. Mine is at least 15 years old and still working well but I had been trying to find a standby for quite some time until very recently my son was in Australia and found one brand spanking new in original box for which I paid the equivalent of about £70.
:fishing1:I sold a new TLD 5(my spare) to someone on here for £115 and he was well pleased. Well worth the money, don't know why they stopped making them and the 10.:fishing1:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seems to be pretty unanimous then, he is away until monday and i have first refusal of everything he is selling, so will try and get them both, knowing him they will also have been well looked after.

Not been very clued up on tackle i was unsure if they were any good or not, all i have is several penn 535's and the sloshs, got a 20 and couple of 30's.

Rob.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
His mrs came round today, two reels in hand, said that he says i can have them and try them out, if i like them £70 for the pair, so i just gave her the money as they are in mint condition, the tld15 is loaded with 30lb braid and the tld 5 is loaded with 20lb braid, niether has seen water since been spooled last year apparantly, had a good look over them and unable to see a single mark on them anywhere, just as i expected from him.

So all in all, a very happy bunny now, just need to get out and use them lol.

Thanks for all the replies.

Rob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Love my shimano's, got a TLD 20 and 25. Bit big sometimes but awesome bits of kit and I got the TLD25 off ebay, in it's box fully loaded for £65.

They can be a bit overkill for most of the stuff in these waters but I used to use the TLD20 for Toping and it was unbeatable plus I go abroad a bit so they always come into their own when going after slightly bigger things.

·
Registered
21,653 Posts
His mrs came round today, two reels in hand, said that he says i can have them and try them out, if i like them £70 for the pair, so i just gave her the money as they are in mint condition, the tld15 is loaded with 30lb braid and the tld 5 is loaded with 20lb braid, niether has seen water since been spooled last year apparantly, had a good look over them and unable to see a single mark on them anywhere, just as i expected from him.

So all in all, a very happy bunny now, just need to get out and use them lol.

Thanks for all the replies.

Rob.
:fishing1:Good luck, I'm sure they won't let you down.:fishing1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.