World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Top Blanker
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day on the beach we had the £50 challenge happy days the mechanic caught 2 fish longpockets big fat zero !!!! Then just for a change no witnesses no dosh !! There's a shock !! .so uneventful day sightseeing & then evening comes & were all sitting in a lovely restaurant on the beech ,longpockets is scrutinising the menu & after about 10 minutes he said ,the only thing I fancy is the steak & I'm not paying £20 he immediately got out of his chair,& when his wife asked what he was doing he replied he replied I'm going back to the room for cheese on toast !!!! & that's exactly what he did .
It must be up there with the funniest thing I've ever witnessed,this man can take careful to a whole new level.Roll on day 3 !!!!

·
Top Blanker
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I made all that up, but I do like to show him in the worst light possible!
He is probably the best fisherman I have ever met, and his generosity knows no bounds. Do you know, last night he said that we could all have anything on the menu at his expense. Being the type of person I am, how could I resist the chance to go for the lobster, washed down with the finest Krug, hehe.
More to follow.....

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Lol, sounds like par for the course, with the usual antics!

I hope you're getting some sunshine.

More importantly - what did you catch and was it big enough to playfully slap the lovely Longpockets across the face with :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Actually I made all that up, but I do like to show him in the worst light possible! He is probably the best fisherman I have ever met, and his generosity knows no bounds. Do you know, last night he said that we could all have anything on the menu at his expense. Being the type of person I am, how could I resist the chance to go for the lobster, washed down with the finest Krug, hehe. More to follow.....
You made this bit up for sure! The first post was far more believable :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Actually I made all that up, but I do like to show him in the worst light possible!
He is probably the best fisherman I have ever met, and his generosity knows no bounds. Do you know, last night he said that we could all have anything on the menu at his expense. Being the type of person I am, how could I resist the chance to go for the lobster, washed down with the finest Krug, hehe.
More to follow.....
Better make sure he's not given your card details to the hotel!

·
Top Blanker
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More to follow.....
Dear oh dear looks like some pot bellied mongrels been playing on my iPad,anyway another day on the beach with longpockets ,look at my professional snorkel & mask he says £200 well spent nothing from llidls cost £200 I replied !! & he's off down the beach( I'm watching & laughing)all of a sudden he's reversing back up the beech(with fins still attached to his feet) effin goons tried to put his mask on waist deep in water & realised he's still wearing sunglasses !!!!
So back down the beech dived in & his brand new mask slipped off the side of his fat head & disappeared into the water !!you just couldn't make it up !!
Any way 20 minutes of bliss & then he's back lookin like a slightly pink gorilla .
Mean while I'm watching a lovely young blonde topless massaging suntan oil
Into her chest ,all of a sudden cascars has shouted at the top of his voice OI pack it in that's illegal in Tobago !!!!
I've had enough I want to go home !!

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Can't wait for the next episode, you two laddos better get your act together as you are supposed to be catching some serious fish for me to beat when I go on holiday a week tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Meanwhile back in the UK us poor saps have to sit in port with rain, wind and massive seas pounding the shore from Wales all round the south of the Country up to the East Coast!

Jealous? Me? Never!

Enjoy your holiday guys.
Tim R

·
Top Blanker
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yesterday was the day we arrived at frothys boat at around 8 & off we went ,tell you what longpockets seeing as you've never caught marlin you go first,no no he replied ,you'll only tell the world I only caught a marlin cos you done me a favour we,ll toss for it ,he lost best of 3 he squealed !dont be stupid longpockets
One fish all day in excess of 500 lb over elevan foot long happy days !!!!
Thanks very much cascars your a gentleman !

G

·
Here are a few pictures of Gary's Marlin. Not only the biggest caught so far on Frothy's boat Gold Spoon, but also the biggest this season in Tobago!
It first came to the boat after only 10 minutes, but then decided it was going to make him suffer for the way he exaggerates and embellishes his stories and generally makes my life a misery, and gave him a further hour and a quarter of pain before it gave up! Good on it I say, shame it was not four or five hours, hehe

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Blimey, beachy head- assuming it survives this afternoons storm!, will never be the same again for you two.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Here are a few pictures of Gary's Marlin. Not only the biggest caught so far on Frothy's boat Gold Spoon, but also the biggest this season in Tobago!
It first came to the boat after only 10 minutes, but then decided it was going to make him suffer for the way he exaggerates and embellishes his stories and generally makes my life a misery, and gave him a further hour and a quarter of pain before it gave up! Good on it I say, shame it was not four or five hours, hehe

OMFG! :1a: :bounce: :1a: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Amazing result. 1fish, and a superb one.

Well done Gazza, bad luck Tel.

And you kept that one rather quiet!

Very jealous guys... sitting in my office with it cold, blowy and raining outside.

Plaicing off Newhaven will never satisfy you ever again.

Oh an Gary, stand up when you fight a fish - you lazy git!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts