World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Does anyone have any experience with Tohatsu outboards? I am thinking of buying one and would like to know if they are any good as they are cheaper than Yamaha and Mariner ones.
Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i think calmia has a tahatsu and if it is. it runs sweet , he will reply to you as soon as he gets on here. i am sure it is that make, or i am an old fart?heehee??

·
Registered
438 Posts
calmia has a tohatsu and it gos very well the new tohatsu for the cash are one of the best on the market if you let me now were you are i can give you the phone number of a dealer he is the best in wales

·
Registered
45 Posts
hi there read all the posts on boat section but never seem to be able to reply to any posts(due to lack of experience) but this one i can .i've just ran in my tohatsu 40 hp last weekend. pushes my seahog hunter faster than some speed boats,thats with two of us and all our gear.I was giving a fellow fisherman a hand last week cos he couldn't start his mariner,took of the cowling and i swear it was a tohatsu but i probably paid a lot less for mine.I read a lot of reviews from america about them and couldn't find any major moans

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
The new 50 2 stroke is a gem of a engine, sips juice. Tohatsu are the only manufacturer to warrant their engines for racing so that must say somethng. They are only badged Tohatsu in the country I think, in the rest of the world they are a Nissan, the parent company. I think their 4 strokes are actually made by Yamaha and rebadged and given a different cover.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Richard
I have run tohatsus for the last 8 years and not had a days problem, like all engines if you run them in and maintain them well they will run for ever. As chrisP says the new 50hp engine is a peach.

Taff2's m8 in west wales is well worth ringing for a price if your in that area, I have just arranged with him to carry out my first service.

hope this helps
calmia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Richard - I was a bit unsure about buying a Tohatsu - I ended up with a new 25hp 4stroke e/s. What a gem - always starts 1st time, very smooth (3cyl) and incredibly fuel efficient - our usual day's trip is between 20 and 30 miles and when we top up the tank for the next trip we need between 8 to 12 litres. This is generally at 3/4 to full throttle on a 16'6". All this and about a grand less than what I was going to buy. - Have a nose around the American site at www.tohatsu.com there is much more info there than on the UK distributer's site. Regards Steve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts