World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised by the number of charter boats without toilet facilities. I mean an 8 to 10 hour trip and no toilet, what's that about? Personally I dont want to get my dongle out and pee over the side with another 10 guys onboard. Also I always go with my girlfriend so it is really important to find a boat with a loo, for us................. and the other guys onboard!! LOL

It would also be really helpful if charter boat websites stated whether they have a loo. I have spent a lot of time reading reports and views about boats and then when Ive chosen, and emailed/phoned to book, find out there is no loo and have to start all over again. So charter skippers, could you please state on your website if you have, or indeed have not, got a loo, its a facility that is often overlooked under "about the boat." In my search of charter boat websites around 70% have no mention of toilet facilities!

It would be a great help to me and I'm sure lots of others to add this.

Thanks

G

·
I agree that a loo should be provided on charter boats, especially with the number of lady anglers going out on trips these days.
The only advantage I find with having to go over the side is that I can at least tell the depth, temperature and bottom composition:roll1:

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
The last time I used the loo on a charter boat it was a rough day and I kept banging my head on the walls and the door. Go over the side, it's a lot less painful. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was looking at website for a boat the other day and it said it had a on deck loo does that also mean pee over the side.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've fished a few charter boats if they got a loo they are tiny you could not swing a mouse in. I just pee over the side if I realy need a number 2 then I use a bucket always take wet wipes/toilet paper and some nappy bags. Tell everyone to turn the other way job done. When you get back put it the dog waste bin. But I always try and go before. And don't eat something the night before like a vindapoo and 10 pints that will give ya the s##ts. Anyway Iam to bizzy catching fish to go to the loo LOL:huh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've fished a few charter boats if they got a loo they are tiny you could not swing a mouse in. I just pee over the side if I realy need a number 2 then I use a bucket always take wet wipes/toilet paper and some nappy bags. Tell everyone to turn the other way job done. When you get back put it the dog waste bin. But I always try and go before. And don't eat something the night before like a vindapoo and 10 pints that will give ya the s##ts. Anyway Iam to bizzy catching fish to go to the loo LOL:huh:
Way to much info there mate!!

Dont care how small they are, boats need to cater for lady anglers these days. I mean a bucket!! Thats the dark ages!! LOL

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Wanna try having a pee on a 2.70m sib with 2 of you on it,lol,best bet take a small fold up bucket ,thats what we do,on a charter boat just lower it with a short bit of rope,ask the skipper if you can go in the bucket out of the way,no good for number 2 s tho,lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wanna try having a pee on a 2.70m sib with 2 of you on it,lol,best bet take a small fold up bucket ,thats what we do,on a charter boat just lower it with a short bit of rope,ask the skipper if you can go in the bucket out of the way,no good for number 2 s tho,lol
LOL, mate we dont want a number 2, just a private place to pee, surely not too much to ask in the 21st century!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
LOL, mate we dont want a number 2, just a private place to pee, surely not too much to ask in the 21st century!!
Yes, do understand ,and yes,make you right,not a lot to ask ,got to admit

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
before boarding, eat a boiled egg, lump of cheese and follow up with a banana, you'll be safe on the number 2 thing.................for a week

Paul

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
before boarding, eat a boiled egg, lump of cheese and follow up with a banana, you'll be safe on the number 2 thing.................for a week

Paul
Wouldn't want to be within a ten mile radius of you when you did finally go! lol

·
Wiggle it just a little bit
9,012 Posts
Way to much info there mate!!

Dont care how small they are, boats need to cater for lady anglers these days. I mean a bucket!! Thats the dark ages!! LOL
I'd take the bucket over nowt any day! The worst I've had so far was trying to pee into a saucepan in a rolling swell. :ahhh: I'm going on a boat trip next Sunday, and there is no toilet. And a very tiny cabin, I believe. I also believe I will be drinking as little as possible during the 12 hours we're out. :bounce:

And no, I do not like the idea (nor the looks of) of a shewee, which many blokes seem to think all lasses will be grateful for. :yucky:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep, for us having a loo is pretty important and is a question that we often get asked.
Generally though we try to discourage its use because...
1. The loo is down below, foreward, pretty chlaustraphobic(?) and muggy, not a nice to be really and will make any potentially sea sick person much worse!
2. Not all charter groups are so considerate, imagine the mess at the end of the day after 8 guys been in and out every five mins, aiming can be a prob with the boat moving, someone has to clean it up at the end of the day:yucky::yucky::yucky:
We find its much easier, cleaner and quicker to use the purpose built pee-bucket.

When I welcome anglers onboard I explain that we do have a loo that is there for anyone to use but that the bucket is easier,
I also describe the facilities as being for "Ladies and emergencies"

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I was thinking. May be some of guy's are little shy. Size is'nt everything mind you that last time I pee'd over the side I was shocked how cold and deep the water was LOL:bangin::crazy:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yep, for us having a loo is pretty important and is a question that we often get asked.
Generally though we try to discourage its use because...
1. The loo is down below, foreward, pretty chlaustraphobic(?) and muggy, not a nice to be really and will make any potentially sea sick person much worse!
2. Not all charter groups are so considerate, imagine the mess at the end of the day after 8 guys been in and out every five mins, aiming can be a prob with the boat moving, someone has to clean it up at the end of the day:yucky::yucky::yucky:
We find its much easier, cleaner and quicker to use the purpose built pee-bucket.

When I welcome anglers onboard I explain that we do have a loo that is there for anyone to use but that the bucket is easier,
I also describe the facilities as being for "Ladies and emergencies"
I think this is pretty normal practise on the boats I use. Bucket for the boys and a loo for the Ladies.

It also makes a difference for the skipper if the loo is a chemical toilet rather than a sea toilet as he has to get this emptied and that's not a nice job.

The boats I have used that do have toilets "for all" normally have them stocked full of rods and other gear and I came pretty close to copping a 2/0 mackerel feather where I didn't need it on one rough day. I agree with the poster that says the bucket is much safer!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think this is pretty normal practise on the boats I use. Bucket for the boys and a loo for the Ladies.

It also makes a difference for the skipper if the loo is a chemical toilet rather than a sea toilet as he has to get this emptied and that's not a nice job.

The boats I have used that do have toilets "for all" normally have them stocked full of rods and other gear and I came pretty close to copping a 2/0 mackerel feather where I didn't need it on one rough day. I agree with the poster that says the bucket is much safer!
Buckets for the guys and a loo for the ladies is fine. Your argument that a bucket is safer as the loo is normally full of rods and gear is nonsense though because the toilet should be empty and ready to use.

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
I am surprised by the number of charter boats without toilet facilities. I mean an 8 to 10 hour trip and no toilet, what's that about? Personally I dont want to get my dongle out and pee over the side with another 10 guys onboard. Also I always go with my girlfriend so it is really important to find a boat with a loo, for us................. and the other guys onboard!! LOL

It would also be really helpful if charter boat websites stated whether they have a loo. I have spent a lot of time reading reports and views about boats and then when Ive chosen, and emailed/phoned to book, find out there is no loo and have to start all over again. So charter skippers, could you please state on your website if you have, or indeed have not, got a loo, its a facility that is often overlooked under "about the boat." In my search of charter boat websites around 70% have no mention of toilet facilities!

It would be a great help to me and I'm sure lots of others to add this.

Thanks
:fishing1: When I ran the SAN I would always ask prospective advertisers if they had a loo onboard and most said yes but they'd forgotten to put it in the text of the advert. Most of the charter boats I reviewed over the last 5 years had a loo, and a good one at that. So even if it doesn't say they have a loo in their advert it's worth asking and if they don't have a loo, vote with your feet, or your girlfriends feet, as in these modern times a loo is a basic minimum, as I've been on a boat with a hot shower as well as a loo. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:fishing1: When I ran the SAN I would always ask prospective advertisers if they had a loo onboard and most said yes but they'd forgotten to put it in the text of the advert. Most of the charter boats I reviewed over the last 5 years had a loo, and a good one at that. So even if it doesn't say they have a loo in their advert it's worth asking. :doh:
One of my points exactly, skippers hardly ever mention whether they have that facility or not, its a pain, because we do our research and read reviews on the forums about the boats, pick one, phone up, only
to find they have no loo and have to start all over again.

Surely those that have them should advertise the fact, it's another positive selling point!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
1 - 20 of 178 Posts