World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any off u seen the above item on the go fishing site go into seatackle and click all items great idea but i think £28 75p plus £5.74 p&p is a bit much would have ordered two lastnight if they were around £20 plusp&P all coments welcome

G

·
only problem i can see is there copper pipe very easy to bend ..
thats probley why others are made from stainless steel ...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got an alvey, looking at that it has a 22 and 28mm tube, thats the outer diameter, surely it will destroy more worms that ever being so narrow. And being copper it is bound to wear faster than stainless with the abrasive sand and small stones found when pumping

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks like bog standard copper plumbing pipe to me. Try bending a length of 22mm over your knee (not easy) so 28mm would be even stronger. I recon you'd get loads of use out of this pump and if it ever wears out you can pick up a length of 22mm or 28mm stainless tube (with olives) for a few pounds from a local plumbing merchant.
Saw pumps tested in 'Sea angler' a while back, same quality £50
P

·
Registered
864 Posts
have any off u seen the above item on the go fishing site go into seatackle and click all items great idea but i think £28 75p plus £5.74 p&p is a bit much would have ordered two lastnight if they were around £20 plusp&P all coments welcome
how is £28 expensive ya tight fisted bugger, i bought one and are xcellent , miles better than other expensive pumps
well worth £28 or £33.49 and ya get a free spares kit

G

·
We at TKR Fishing UK like to take on board any feedback we receive on any of our products.

A common statement we have received regarding the TKR LUG PUMPS does concern the softness of the COPPER PIPE. Although we have not experienced any damage to the TKR LUG PUMPS we use, some potential customers have aired a valid point:

'if you were unfortunate enough to hit a stone while pumping that could result in damaging the end of the pump.'

With this in mind we did ponder the thought of starting to hand craft the TKR LUG PUMPS in STAINLESS STEEL. Due to massive expense this was not possible as we would have to increase their sale price to around £50-£60. At this price we would be in competition with other companies on the market so we decided to retire to the drawing board.

After some time we thought,

WHY HAND CRAFT THE WHOLE PUMP OUT OF A STRONGER MATERIAL WHERE THE END IS THE ONLY PART THAT IS LIKELY TO DAMAGE?!

So now all our 22 mm TKR LUG PUMPS (and in the not so distant future the 28 mm) are hand crafted to include a STAINLESS STEEL collar brazed to the of each one. This collar together with the system we have invented to keep it solid WILL withstand any potential damage from stones and concrete if you were unfortunate to drop your pump.

Now our 22 mm TKR LUG PUMPS offer the STRENGTH and DURABILITY of rival STAINLESS STEEL LUG PUMPS on the current market

WITHOUT THE EXPENSIVE PRICE TAG

AS WE HAVE NOT CHANGE OUR PRICE!

Check it out by visiting our home page:

http://www.tkrfishinguk.co.uk/

Thanks for all your interest.

Happy Fishing

TKR Fishing UK

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
We at TKR Fishing UK like to take on board any feedback we receive on any of our products.

A common statement we have received regarding the TKR LUG PUMPS does concern the softness of the COPPER PIPE. Although we have not experienced any damage to the TKR LUG PUMPS we use, some potential customers have aired a valid point:

'if you were unfortunate enough to hit a stone while pumping that could result in damaging the end of the pump.'

With this in mind we did ponder the thought of starting to hand craft the TKR LUG PUMPS in STAINLESS STEEL. Due to massive expense this was not possible as we would have to increase their sale price to around £50-£60. At this price we would be in competition with other companies on the market so we decided to retire to the drawing board.

After some time we thought,

WHY HAND CRAFT THE WHOLE PUMP OUT OF A STRONGER MATERIAL WHERE THE END IS THE ONLY PART THAT IS LIKELY TO DAMAGE?!

So now all our 22 mm TKR LUG PUMPS (and in the not so distant future the 28 mm) are hand crafted to include a STAINLESS STEEL collar brazed to the of each one. This collar together with the system we have invented to keep it solid WILL withstand any potential damage from stones and concrete if you were unfortunate to drop your pump.

Now our 22 mm TKR LUG PUMPS offer the STRENGTH and DURABILITY of rival STAINLESS STEEL LUG PUMPS on the current market

WITHOUT THE EXPENSIVE PRICE TAG

AS WE HAVE NOT CHANGE OUR PRICE!

Check it out by visiting our home page:

http://www.tkrfishinguk.co.uk/

Thanks for all your interest.

Happy Fishing

TKR Fishing UK
Looks like a good idea that, methinks I'm gonna have to get one soon :)

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
you could always make your own ...
hardest part is threading the rod ..:yeah:
22mm should cost less than £15
Yet to see a good step-by-step guide yet though m8, plus I only have basic tools :(

·
Registered
25,938 Posts

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts