World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello To all been reading post's for a while and have decidied to post my first thread to see if someone can help me,
i have not long started getting back into sea fishing after a break of lets say 25 yrs :unsure:
and me and a couple of friends are based in ramsgate and want to go fishing tommorow daytime, fishing the tide in and out..

where would be good place to go that's not's to far from Ramsgate(have a car)??

im asking this as for the last 4 days we have been all around and its just been to windy, its driving us nuts..
so if anyone could help us find a good place to fish thats not to windy,
we also need to learn what side of the island to fish taking into consideration the wind conditions..

Many thanks in advance for all advice given..:clap3:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi mate,

I can't really give you advice on where to fish in that area but to save yourself a wasted journey and dissapointment check out xc weather for a wind update. Its the site we use for all our wind reports when going boat fishing.
www.xcweather.co.uk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate,

I can't really give you advice on where to fish in that area but to save yourself a wasted journey and dissapointment check out xc weather for a wind update. Its the site we use for all our wind reports when going boat fishing.
www.xcweather.co.uk

very helpful many thanks, im hoping to do a little bit of boat fishing myself next next for the first time ever cant wait....

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Tokerjay,

as you will probably guess (being based in Ramsgate) the only place to get out of the wind (seeing as it's northeasterly) will be down the western undercliff. I am not sure how it fishes there at low tide though.

We tried the marina pool sunday night (report on here somewhere) and although fishable, it wasn't that nice with the wind.

Anywhere from Broadstairs to Minnis will have the wind in your face at the moment.

Sunday looks like the wind will go round to the south somewhere, so then you can head down Minnis and have some shelter. Daytime round there this weekend (being a bank holiday) will probably be busy and I have never done very well other than in the dark, but thats just me.

Malcolm.

·
Registered
878 Posts
thought i would add on to this , maybe a bit late but im off to minnis bat early morning. based in ramsgate, your welcome to tag along if you want

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tokerjay,

as you will probably guess (being based in Ramsgate) the only place to get out of the wind (seeing as it's northeasterly) will be down the western undercliff. I am not sure how it fishes there at low tide though.

We tried the marina pool sunday night (report on here somewhere) and although fishable, it wasn't that nice with the wind.

Anywhere from Broadstairs to Minnis will have the wind in your face at the moment.

Sunday looks like the wind will go round to the south somewhere, so then you can head down Minnis and have some shelter. Daytime round there this weekend (being a bank holiday) will probably be busy and I have never done very well other than in the dark, but thats just me.

Malcolm.

excellent advice very very helpful many thanks, has come in handy, was put yesterday afternoon down western undercliff ramsgate caught a bass and 5 doggies best if done in the day for a long time.......:clap2:

Where are you going boat fishing matey???:boat:
Raymond unfortuanly it never came off, but im sure wont be long and i be on a boat fishing very happly, cant wait....:)

thought i would add on to this , maybe a bit late but im off to minnis bat early morning. based in ramsgate, your welcome to tag along if you want
How did you get on??

Would be nice to meet up soemtime and fish mybe if you dont mind i could learn a few things from you...
many thanks for the offer though shame i didnt see it in time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts