World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Woohoo! technical success. bargain. Sorry about the leg shot - that's where I fell over my surfboard in the garage recently! Wanted to see if I could get pics uploaded directly from the mobile and it appears that I can.

...weather, traffic conditions, campsite setting up and family tolerance permitting I shall be somewhere around the south end of Widemouth Bay tomorrow evening - probably somewhere in or amongst the gullies opposite/near the outdoor adventure place off marine drive as those gullies look fab on google earth.

The idea is that I will be picking up some (reserved) lug and (if they've arrived by the time I do) peeler from Summerlands on the way through and I'll be using that to attempt to tempt some fishies of some description from the area.

I am, of course, full of optimism at present such as usually happens when you embark on holiday and are convinced that you will shortly rid the oceans of their infestation of fish.

Provided that I get mobile reception in the area... watch this space... ;-)

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Dude so sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I can potentially pick up bait from Summerlands to save you a journey? I work in Barnstaple/live in Bude. I have footie tomorrow but was thinking of going out for a chuck this evening. Not ideal but fancied wetting a line if you're about. Will be back to Bude about 6:45ish. I have some frozen bait.
Dunno if you can access pm's on your mobile. I can send you my number that way if you like.
Again sorry for delay. Been manic.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi chap. No worries about not getting back to me - I realise that people have loads on so no worries at all. Hope to meet up with Skeletor if he's around in the few days I'm in the Bude/Widemouth area.

I'm not down in the SW yet. Travelling down tomorrow and just going to nip into Summerlands on the way down the A39 so I'm not making a special trip that way! Thanks for the offer though and I may well take you up on that offer later in the week once I've run out of bait pillaging the sea of all its bass. :whistling

This forum has been fully tapatalk-android mobile enabled so allegedly I can do all I need to do on there. Your sis has my mobile no. already so grab it from her and drop me a text and I'll have yours then.

Will keep you updated about my movements and fishing plans when I'm down there.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
you have my number so drop me a line and we'll get out after those rays nearby m8 :) PR, KinB and the usual crew etc, hows abouts a meet up ?
Yo Mart. I have got a free evening Thursday for once. Gonna do a beach near Bude if you fancy. It used to turn up better ray. There are sand eel on the low tide there. Gulls loving it. Will be a 2 down 3 up. Maybe ray, bass, chicken turbot. No expectations as been poor last 2 seasons. Nice to get out mind. Gonna give Carl a bell and see if he's in.
Kin Blankin you up for a sesh??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh god... I feel like a Sunday league footballer being given a chance for a kick around with Man united or something...

No laughing at my dodgy tackle! (oo-er, before someone else gets in there...) I don't feel the need for expensive stuff living some 200 miles from the (useful) coast!

Should be fine for a Thursday sesh, I'm sure. Mart - will text you so you have my number too, Matt has it already.

I'll report back on this thread (or another) how I get on with the premier league allstars :showoff:

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
First and foremost Carl it's all about having a laugh and a dangle. No aires and graces here. Catching fish is the bonus. On every occasion I'd rather be there to see a mate catch a fish and be able to take a picture rather than catch it myself. Any chance to fish our coast is a blessing and a bonus. If anyone else fancies a dangle I'm thinking not too far from Northcott on Thursday.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Hey Neal. Meeting up at Northcott car park about 6:00ish?? Be good to see ya. Not set in stone yet. Low 20:00. Fish 2 down 3 up? Cangrab anyones bait from Summerlands on way home just let me know. I have trouble accessing PM's in evening due to Vodaphone connection but can check during daytime. At the mo it's Skeletor, Kin Blankin maybe Carled and anyone else who fancies a beach sesh.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hey Neal. Meeting up at Northcott car park about 6:00ish?? Be good to see ya. Not set in stone yet. Low 20:00. Fish 2 down 3 up? Cangrab anyones bait from Summerlands on way home just let me know. I have trouble accessing PM's in evening due to Vodaphone connection but can check during daytime. At the mo it's Skeletor, Kin Blankin maybe Carled and anyone else who fancies a beach sesh.
When you have a slavedriver as a boss 6pm is way too early to meet up.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
When you have a slavedriver as a boss 6pm is way too early to meet up.
Sneak out. Mart won't notice???

Will be at Northcott mouth (just past the car park and on the hill just down to the beach) for about 18:00 this evening. Taking Sand eel and possibly peeler for a sesh. Lots of space on the beach if anyone fancies an outing and maybe join a little later?

Grabbing bait from Summerlands on the way home from work if you guys want anything picking up.
Cheers, Matt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts