World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The missus and me :clap2:, are going to set off for our first sea fishing trip of the year together, and wondering where is good at the moment, we were talking about Dungie as a possible at the moment...

Any suggestions?

Also, for Dungie what weights would you use?

And Tide times?

Dave n Kez

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
depends on the rod ,tide pull ,my zipplex casts well with 5 oz, 5 to 6oz breakaway,or gemini holds very well,,,if the winds stay calm ,should do the trick ,ive had to use 8oz when really blowy ,,,not much fun tho,,when its like that,good luck and TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the three rods we will be taking are

Abu SX, RX and for Mrs her Stigma, and possibly her Enticer (oo er)

With those, 4-6 oz not a problem, if it does get that Windy, then there is always the Prince of Wales as it is sheltered.

Gemini's added to the shopping list :D

Just finished de-lining the multipliers and oiled ready for the first trip of the year, and cleaned the boxes out, seemed to have made good friends with the cat, wonder what he wants...:g:

Dave n Kez

depends on the rod ,tide pull ,my zipplex casts well with 5 oz, 5 to 6oz breakaway,or gemini holds very well,,,if the winds stay calm ,should do the trick ,ive had to use 8oz when really blowy ,,,not much fun tho,,when its like that,good luck and TIGHT LINES

G

·
the wind won't be a problem tomorrow but the lack of fish at dungie will be especially if your day fishing.i'd try the prince of wales or even better get out on the breakwater.a mate of mine had a few on there today.....dave.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will bear that in mind, so far we have fished the following last year in Kent

Deal Pier
Prince of Wales
Admiralty
Reculver
Sun Pier in good ole Chatham :D
Kingdown
Dover Breakwater

So any other suggestions in the county greatfully appreciated, we normally end up at the Prince of Wales, and this has nothing to do with the cafe (and I refute calims that sales go up when I am there of bacon sarnies lol)

Dave n Kez

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
For fishing Dungie use 6oz long tailed breakaways, these have far superior holding power.
Cast well uptide, put the rod in the rest and let out enough line so that in points straight out to sea or even a little down tide. Let the pull of the tide tighten the line, if it starts to point up tide or pull really hard then let a little more line go.
I live near and work at Dungie and have fished it for about 20 years, I never need to use more than 6 oz breakaways.

See the forum below for what has been caught at Dungie in the last couple of days.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the wind won't be a problem tomorrow but the lack of fish at dungie will be especially if your day fishing.i'd try the prince of wales or even better get out on the breakwater.a mate of mine had a few on there today.....dave.:)
???????? Loads of fish at Dungie at the moment. Small Dabs and Whiting but sure to out fish other local beaches.

I agree better stamp of fish maybe available on the Breakwater but if beach fishing is your thing then Dungie is fishing OK

Might also like to try Minnis for them Rays

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
For fishing Dungie use 6oz long tailed breakaways, these have far superior holding power.
Cast well uptide, put the rod in the rest and let out enough line so that in points straight out to sea or even a little down tide. Let the pull of the tide tighten the line, if it starts to point up tide or pull really hard then let a little more line go.
I live near and work at Dungie and have fished it for about 20 years, I never need to use more than 6 oz breakaways.

See the forum below for what has been caught at Dungie in the last couple of days.

I use 6oz soft fixed wired impact leads at Dungie. Great for holding and will pull out the line snags better.

I agree that if you fish it correctly a 6oz breakout will hold at on most tides.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might also like to try Minnis for them Rays
Minnis?

Sorry to sound like a newbie (well both of us started sea fishing last summer), where is Minnis?

We have caugt a small thornback each down at the prince oe whales last year and would love to catch more :D

Medway report from last night coming in shortly

Dave n Kez

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Minnis?

Sorry to sound like a newbie (well both of us started sea fishing last summer), where is Minnis?

We have caugt a small thornback each down at the prince oe whales last year and would love to catch more :D

Medway report from last night coming in shortly

Dave n Kez
Minnis Bay North Kent coast between Herne Bay and Margate

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Minnis is producing well at the moment and is without a doubt the place for thornbacks in kent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.