World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, hope you’re all having some good fishing...

Went out tonight, unfortunately had the misses with me and was mining after half an hour that it was cold -_- so had to pack up and leave...won’t be taking her again.

Anyway, had 2 pouting and a dog fish! All within half hour, would have been some good fishing if I was able to stay longer!!!

The second Pouting was by far the biggest pouting I have caught...maybe not so big to some of you enthusiasts but here’s a picture anyway...

P.S - I’m no longer in the dog house in case there’s any concern.

PHOTOS DONT DO THE SIZE JUSTICE...No fisherman’s take I swear haha

Attachments

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
hi all, hope you’re all having some good fishing...

Went out tonight, unfortunately had the misses with me and was mining after half an hour that it was cold -_- so had to pack up and leave...won’t be taking her again.

Anyway, had 2 pouting and a dog fish! All within half hour, would have been some good fishing if I was able to stay longer!!!

The second Pouting was by far the biggest pouting I have caught...maybe not so big to some of you enthusiasts but here’s a picture anyway...

P.S - I’m no longer in the dog house in case there’s any concern.

PHOTOS DONT DO THE SIZE JUSTICE...No fisherman’s take I swear haha

Tie her up outside with Doghouse will soon be whimpering at door:D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Guess it's mixed results for you!
Decent as far as the fish go, less than harmonial on the marital front... that's life!

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Nice chunky pout bud the biggens start showin in force now personally don’t mind em where were you fishing I can’t make it out ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice chunky pout bud the biggens start showin in force now personally don’t mind em where were you fishing I can’t make it out ?
Sorry, all fishing marks are sworn in secrecy ;) haha according to 99% of anglers anyway haha I’m not one to hide marks that’s for sure!!
It was actually on Lyme Regis beach where I caught these! Right in front of the small car park at the bottom of the hill in town!

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Monmouth beach can get snaggy further west but can chuck up good bass hounds and Huss recon you whould have had a double figure bass if yer misses didn’t drag yer home thought they Cornish birds were meant to be tough :ugh2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monmouth beach can get snaggy further west but can chuck up good bass hounds and Huss recon you whould have had a double figure bass if yer misses didn’t drag yer home thought they Cornish birds were meant to be tough :ugh2:
What do you think to a bait float fished over the rocky ground at Monmouth beach?
Oh no not this one haha the only thing this one is tough at is being a girlfriend -_-
I think Monmouth will be my next visit again for sure! But gutted I didn’t get to fully enjoy it!

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I know they get good warsse on the rocks at the west arm of the harbour mate I expect there’s pollock aswell I’ve keep meaning to find a picture of a huge congar my grandad caught off there back in the 70s they never weighed it but it was a beast I remember being told that he cut it up into stakes and gave everyone in his street a bit i said to my Nan that was kind of him but she told me the only thing grandad hated more than eating congar was the bloody neighbours :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts