World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fancy joining me at Tintagel 2nite, Fishing upto and around high tide at 11.37 pm, overlooking Trebarwith, PM me if interested

**edit** Don't fancy fishing by myself there after nearly getting washed in, FIL can't go either, so might just go 2morrow morning instead if no takers lol

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
Anyone fancy joining me at Tintagel 2nite, Fishing upto and around high tide at 11.37 pm, overlooking Trebarwith, PM me if intersted
sorry cant make it , but good luck and will look forward to the catch report

·
Registered
370 Posts
Anyone fancy joining me at Tintagel 2nite, Fishing upto and around high tide at 11.37 pm, overlooking Trebarwith, PM me if intersted
i d love to fish during the week ,but would end up throwing me toys out the pram at work 2 morro,tired and teasy,roll on the weekend good luck,

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2nd edit lol

just got back from shop and my beautiful wife has already made my flask, perhaps she's read my first edit and is hoping for a splosh lol, anyhows, leaving in a mo, will let you know how i get on. If anyone is in the area feel free to pop down.
I've got loads of ragworm so better put them to good use lol

·
61,171 Posts
2nd edit lol

just got back from shop and my beautiful wife has already made my flask, perhaps she's read my first edit and is hoping for a splosh lol, anyhows, leaving in a mo, will let you know how i get on. If anyone is in the area feel free to pop down.
I've got loads of ragworm so better put them to good use lol
two minds think a like :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, well what can i say?
left at 7 30 last night. Got to Tintagel, superb conditions, nice swell but not rough!
great i thought! gently made my way down the big never ending cliffs, got to the water on one of my favourite ledges near the youth hostel. stuck 6 ragworm on a RTF special pulley rig and whacked it out into the near darkness. Rang my beautiful wife to check for any pm's on here, then a nice little bite, said bye to the misses and the usuall stuff, and struck into the fish. A nice little schooly was on the end of the hook. Not bad i was thinking after just 5 minutes in the water.
Gently returned the fishy and in doing so slipped backwards, thankfully away from the edge, in doing so nearly performing the splits with a small flip.
Normally i would just laugh, but the problem is----last week I had an operation. All i can say is, don't try and be a mountain goat, too soon after having your tackle ripped open and pulled about (if you know what i mean lol)
I was then in a predicament! what do i do? do i call for help and explain my embarrasing situation? decided to pack up and try and make it back up the cliff that was looming out the darkness towering above me. It must have looked comical seeing a fisherman walking like John Wayne, struggling with rods, bags, lamp etc.
Stopped off to see if anyone had come out to play in trebarwith, david a etc, but no-one was about :(
Anyhows, I made it back, explained the very short night's fishing to my missus who promptly wet herself laughing. it was then that she told me I had infact left my flask here in the first place ffs.

·
Registered
553 Posts
left at 7 30 last night. Got to Tintagel, superb conditions, nice swell but not rough!
great i thought! gently made my way down the big never ending cliffs, got to the water on one of my favourite ledges near the youth hostel. stuck 6 ragworm on a RTF special pulley rig and whacked it out into the near darkness. Rang my beautiful wife to check for any pm's on here, then a nice little bite, said bye to the misses and the usuall stuff, and struck into the fish. A nice little schooly was on the end of the hook. Not bad i was thinking after just 5 minutes in the water.
Gently returned the fishy and in doing so slipped backwards, thankfully away from the edge, in doing so nearly performing the splits with a small flip.
Normally i would just laugh, but the problem is----last week I had an operation. All i can say is, don't try and be a mountain goat, too soon after having your tackle ripped open and pulled about (if you know what i mean lol)
I was then in a predicament! what do i do? do i call for help and explain my embarrasing situation? decided to pack up and try and make it back up the cliff that was looming out the darkness towering above me. It must have looked comical seeing a fisherman walking like John Wayne, struggling with rods, bags, lamp etc.
Stopped off to see if anyone had come out to play in trebarwith, david a etc, but no-one was about :(
Anyhows, I made it back, explained the very short night's fishing to my missus who promptly wet herself laughing. it was then that she told me I had infact left my flask here in the first place ffs.
Sounds better than the night i locked my keys in the van:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
well done mart, nice try mate.

i don't think many would have been out fishing for a month after an operation. good there are still some fish about.

i may give you a ring to see what your up too for the rest of the week.

all the best

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mart
working yesterday-otherwise I would have joined you
If the operation is the one I think it is, a mate of mine played golf on the afternoon of having it (BEFORE the anaesthetic wore off!)
When I had it, I played golf two weeks later and still couldn't walk properly!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mart
working yesterday-otherwise I would have joined you
If the operation is the one I think it is, a mate of mine played golf on the afternoon of having it (BEFORE the anaesthetic wore off!)
When I had it, I played golf two weeks later and still couldn't walk properly!
it is m8, but i had a lump took out aswell, under general anaesthetic lol,
elephant sack springs to mind lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Mart - I was at Trebarwith last night - but early doors. Had to leave at 8.30 pm. On a short pass out - not enough credits earned in the week yet. Fished lug, no takers. Fished the turn and up. Fished last half-hour in the dark. On the ledge, left of beach looking out.
cheers
Lanson Jim

·
61,171 Posts
nice report , with a fair bit of humour :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
***Sorry to bump this post***
Hoping to go Trebarwith off the pub carpark tonight (no cliffs to climb lol)
Anyone fancy a bass session over tonights high tide 1.27am?? will hopefully be leaving Lanson @ 9.30pm
Still got loads of ragworm and have got permission from the landlord

1 - 13 of 13 Posts