World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i need to use a different rod for beach fishing. i went to a park to try an cast with the wieghts i bought today and my rod just bends under the weight. i did not realise that i would have to use a beach rod like in the mag i bought today but i think i can use my ledger rod for spinning or for mackerel if i use less weight. am i right as i want to go at the weekend with ian houlton if he is still going

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Prawn

Take the rods you have with you and once you get to the beach try them out.. by the way what size leads did you buy? 3oz leads should be about all you need to use with feathers and if the tide isnt running they will be fine for ledgering too..

you don't need to put Ian's surname all the time...He knows who he is...and lisa does too... And the rest of us just hide prawn... :eek: :cool:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
oh i think i just got it. prawn mate if you want to go fishing i will go but i don't know where really. am i right in thinking that you used heavy leads to cast with a ledger rod. you maybe should not do that. just come to the beach mate and we will use mine and i will give you a list of stuff to buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts