World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The too much i am referring to is the arguing and fighting going on lately, before long we are going to end up with row upon row of closed threads. I for one would prefer to have things back on track and back to good old fun than end up with nothing to reply to because its locked.

I get passionate about things as well, but do not feel the name calling, swearing and rude posts are necessary. At the end of the day we are all the ones who will lose out as people will stop posting reports because of fear it will close so come on, lets try and get things back to positive.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The too much i am referring to is the arguing and fighting going on lately, before long we are going to end up with row upon row of closed threads. I for one would prefer to have things back on track and back to good old fun than end up with nothing to reply to because its locked.

I get passionate about things as well, but do not feel the name calling, swearing and rude posts are necessary. At the end of the day we are all the ones who will lose out as people will stop posting reports because of fear it will close so come on, lets try and get things back to positive.
:rtfm: :rtfm: :eek:fftopic: is this a catch report.....no...... so why post it !!!!!

:) just kidding mate, I could not agree more with what you said , lets keep it frendly gents

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sorry about the intrusion but your answer creased me up!

·
Registered
983 Posts

Roger That. !! Paul.

G

·
Registered
184 Posts

well done mate,if we want grief we can all go back to work:yucky: this is us talking about the best sport in the world.:thumbs: :)

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts

Mmmmm.............

What on earth are you suggesting here Paul?!...... Up to date informative catch reports? Organisation of friendly meets? Events that benefit charities? People sharing info and helping others out with advice? Members making friends countrywide and enjoying sharing the best and most popular sport in the world?

..............and all without arguing, fighting and people being rude to each other?! :blink:

It's a bit of a radical idea mate..............but it might just catch on!!

Great post Paul :notworthy

All the best.

Andy. :)

p.s. Must keep the banter though......some of the banter recently has been worthy of it's own TV show (or at least would be if the actors weren't so ugly lol!!)

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i can't see what you're on about paul, really ! none of the threads i've taken an interest in lately have ended up fighting, and i've only seen one or two locked,

don't like? don't go back and read more.

in my opinion there's only one thread which wants closing, and that's cos it involves alot of people, who should know better, taking the rise out of someone who doesn't know better, and can do nowt about it.

help the lad, don't take the pi.... out of him. banter is all well and good when the person receiving it, understands what it is, otherwise it's little more than bullying. hope ya'll proud of yourselves.

anyways, til recently i posted loads of reports, and still actively participate, arguements are temporary, no-one every really falls out over it, well, other than me and Bagstar, he charged me with a fillet knife one night, so i swung my handbag back at him, we made up and are friends now, anyways, i digress.

what arguing ? there's ton's to read on here !

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can't see what you're on about paul, really ! none of the threads i've taken an interest in lately have ended up fighting, and i've only seen one or two locked,

don't like? don't go back and read more.

in my opinion there's only one thread which wants closing, and that's cos it involves alot of people, who should know better, taking the rise out of someone who doesn't know better, and can do nowt about it.

help the lad, don't take the pi.... out of him. banter is all well and good when the person receiving it, understands what it is, otherwise it's little more than bullying. hope ya'll proud of yourselves.

anyways, til recently i posted loads of reports, and still actively participate, arguements are temporary, no-one every really falls out over it, well, other than me and Bagstar, he charged me with a fillet knife one night, so i swung my handbag back at him, we made up and are friends now, anyways, i digress.

what arguing ? there's ton's to read on here !
Hugh, I agree that usually there is no problems here, but i have seen more fighting over the last month than at any other point in the last year, i also appreciate only 2 threads have been closed so far with another that was rapidly heading that way. I may have already pointed out i help run a website with 29,000 members, we are not always busy but sometimes we can get 200 new posts an hour, when arguments and fighting starts i have often seen a trend for them to spill over into other threads, sometimes triggering a snowball effect. This is a trend that seems to be affecting this website as a whole lately, not just our little area.

I highlighted two lines, for the first all i can say is hopefully your threads will never end up the same way, i have not started this because threads i have been involved in were closed. For the second line, I often stop reading threads that have soured, but reading it is not really a problem, what worried me, especially with the new rules now in effect and being administered to the letter more, is that many threads that i enjoy reading will be closed quicker than they used to be and then nothing will be there to read anyway.

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I completely agree with Paul's post. But instead of this thread ending in a fight over the fighting, I think when anything shakes something, it can be turned to a good thing. There are always lessons to be learnt from any situation. So we can use this thread to debate what could be done to prevent this situation happening again. One thing I have noticed out of all this is Thread closing - Find another way to avoid this if the original debate was well intended and informative. I thought the "sea Trout" thread should have been left open, for example, because it was making a lot of people aware of the actual legal situation. Good for fishing, good for sea trout, and positive for WSF. I propose that any nasty or off topic posts get pulled by the mods, rather than the thread closed.
Theres my positive observation!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think you will find that the recent spates of bad feeling on the forum were unfortunately in one case at least, down to the activities of an individual who is no longer able to post on this site. Interestingly enough I have been doing some research into other sites where this individual has also been causing offence and ire to the the other users, so it would appear that WSF has not been the only victim.

If anyone has any issues with this statement may I refer them to my legal advisers who are currently dealing with another issue in posts passim, link below:

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62611s :) :)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Eh?? Any examples? You obviously don't look in very often. Last year there were some major bitchiness and arguing. I thought it was all going quite well lately, actually! :unsure:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think you will find that the recent spates of bad feeling on the forum were unfortunately in one case at least, down to the activities of an individual who is no longer able to post on this site. Interestingly enough I have been doing some research into other sites where this individual has also been causing offence and ire to the the other users, so it would appear that WSF has not been the only victim.

Totally agree with this, Good Riddance to him, personally i think he should get help as he seems to have major problems with Attitude and/or Ego!!!!:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

Totally agree with this, Good Riddance to him, personally i think he should get help as he seems to have major problems with Attitude and/or Ego!!!!:
Who???? Who?????:unsure:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Who's been arguing then?
Names are not something i will be getting into, my post was no directed at anybody in particular.

Eh?? Any examples? You obviously don't look in very often. Last year there were some major bitchiness and arguing. I thought it was all going quite well lately, actually! :unsure:
It may be that i look in too often if anything, i read many areas of the entire forum every day at work, probably a good 5 hours per day. Recently i have seen a few posts get deleted / edited that most people would never get the chance to see because they breached site rules and were removed oir edited straight away.

I have also stated in my second post in this thread that i see this as a forum wide problem that is getting worse (admin would not have changed the rules unless things were starting to get a little out of control). I was just trying to make sure that we were keeping things on track in our little area.

Last years episodes, were they in the south coast or was it south east, before the rejigging of the regions? I am aware there was a lot going on but from memory thought that was on the south east area. I did not visit the site anywhere near as often back then so may be wrong.

I am not saying we are at breaking point, just trying to make sure we dont get there while making the mods job a little easier at the same time. They are doing an unpaid job and should not have to worry about tidying threads up all the time. I believe this is why they have brought the new rules in.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the system needs to wake up. love the mis-quotes. lol

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Who???? Who?????:unsure:
DSD.

I would love to name names, but I think that the inflammatory result of pouring petrol on the fire would not achieve any benefit.

Suffice it to say that things seem to have calmed down for the time being and I for one would prefer to be happy to continue with the somewhat idiotic banter, for which I admit responsibility for some of, but then I have a seriously disordered sense of humour and take such humour very seriously:) , and the serious advice and discussions which makes this site so much fun.

H

1 - 20 of 33 Posts