World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Lads I've provisionally booked at day with Bill on the Topcat for the 21st Sept. Weather permitting we are going to head a good few miles off shore to area where they scuttle boats, which isn't touched. There are few private boats hitting the area with great results. If the weather isn't good we'll be confined to the inshore reefs.

Boat costs £400 for the day (8hr+) and can take 12 anglers.

Cost will be divided up amongst the number going.

Whos in?

1 Bigads
2 Adeys
3 Iluv2fish
4 Rockfisher1
5 Martyb
6 Tamoshanter
7 Udderman
8 My old man :D
9 Sharpie
10 Thundercat
11 Chefangler
12 Sharpies m8 (kenny)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point Adeys, main target will be cod and ling.....and pretty much whatever else is biting :fish:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
bill will do you proud lads have a good trip:ph34r:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I WISH
i,m bloody offshore that date, otherwise i,d love to put some faces to the names i see all the time.
i,ll catch up one day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
big ads if your short of rods i know i can get more people.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
bigads i'll grab a place as the date works for me (please)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
2 spots left if anyone wants to go.

Thanks for the offer of gear Marty but I think everyone has their own, perhaps anyone needing gear could post up.

I should also add that if we make if off shore we will be in deep water about 150ft + so make sure you are all spooled up with braid.

Does everyone know what rigs to bring....remember daylight dosen't make it down that far. Drop me a PM if you are unsure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to have filled one of those spots, but I am on a sponsored Mountain Bike ride for Cancer Research on the 21st Sept, dragging my bike and my aged hurting body through Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Glen Rinnes. I am taking my Brother-in-law (new to seafishing) out on Topcat on Wednesday because I know that he will catch some decent fish! Sound like a good day enjoy!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Adam, I`m up for that trip but never fished from a boat before. Would I need to buy special gear???????????????????????///
Hi Johnny...I thought you'd fallen of the face of the earth m8 :D

Get yourself a 300yd spool of braid from ebay...whiplash pro or power pro they are both about 20 quid.

Pirks will work also the jumbo hokkais also bait rigs 4/0 and 5/0 kinda size hooks, glow beads might be useful.

12oz leads make your pirks a 1lb.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts