World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk of turbot from the wilds of Northumberland had my heart racing and I was soon dusting down the flatty rigs in anticipation of catching one of these rare fish. Beautiful Beadnell bay in Northumberland, one of the areas nicest beaches was to be the venue. The bay can give some great sport for flatfish and can give the odd turbot to the patient angler.

Accompanied by the eager to catch "owt" Hibdogg, we arrived at low tide to find any sand depressions or gullies that the fish may use to hunt their pray during the soon to come flood tide. Sparkling rigs baited with ragworm and tipped with mackeral were sent out to the hungry hordes of turbot that were just waiting for our deluxe offerings.:blink:

The dogg was first on the score sheet with a nice flounder.

The dogg continued his "lucky" streak again, and again while I remained turbotless:schmoll:

Another lucky one, (Ahem!)

Then finally a turbot:clap2: only a small one but mission was accomplished.

Hibdogg, now known as "the skilled one" caught this to, along with five nice flounders :g: leaving me to ponder over my excuses tonight. So what did I catch? a flounder about six inches long, not to worry, next time, next time!

A smashing day out, good crack, and a few fish for the man who has came on leaps and bounds over the past year. Well done Greg, respect mate :notworthy

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
cracking report and pics j.v unlucky on the turbot,may i say to greg welldone youngin,nice catches,shows you they are there if your keen and patient:clap3:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
sounds like your having the same luck as me dave the joy of watching some else catch nice flounders. aleast you never blanked off out on mon fingers crossed a last bash at the codling.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like your having the same luck as me dave the joy of watching some else catch nice flounders. aleast you never blanked off out on mon fingers crossed a last bash at the codling.
Good luck Steve, hopefully loads of cod this week for us all.:clap2:

·
Registered
637 Posts
well done greg, paul will be back shortley and may be able to take you under his wing next dave, lol , another great report jv

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
well one of pauls wings is poorly at the moment ,so when its better 2 wings will be intact so both have a chance ,then we will see some great reports soon from the 3 of them

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello Dave

cracking post, well done hibdogg:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

happy days.

still cannot go out, me plaster will get soggy:blink: :blink: :blink:

fluffy

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Cheers Lads. And thanks Dave (j.v) for inviting me along for some flattie bashing really enjoyed it mate. Well there could be some turbot in my bath tub as I seem to have formed a bay of my own in it (all the sand out me hair etc) sure I seen a couple of 10lbers go down the plug hole lol. It was a perfect day except for the wind which sand blasted us for a few hours but when it stopped blowing a gale it was lovely. The turbot was caught in no more than 2ft of water as well so if you go after them don’t cast too far. Tight lines lads

EERRM Im just editing this post as i noticed Dave was highlighting the word LUCKY. I would just like to point out that we both used identical rigs and bait so i think the word in bold should be SKILLnot luck:roll1:

·
Registered
45 Posts
excellent were you close to the long nanny? I used spend my childhood, well at least part of it, in those sand dunes:) . Good photos and canny fish.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
excellent were you close to the long nanny? I used spend my childhood, well at least part of it, in those sand dunes:) . Good photos and canny fish.
I think so ohark, a long skeer of rocks at the South end of the bay, some cracking dunes up there for the kids to play on in the summer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
great report lads-well done for getting out and finding some fish-it's even better in the summer up there lads......the bairn digging holes n making sandcastles, wor lass with the disposable barby cooking sausages downwind from me and the sun shining-tanning me fat carcass...flattie after flattie can't be bad man...sixo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts