World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got all the pics so heres a late report.

4 then 6 of us fished at Tywyn last week and had Tope to 50lb total number was 30 something over the 4 days, some nice huss, a good feed of the bream and 14 bass to 4lb

·
Registered
300 Posts
well played lads. :yeah::clap3:
But how do u handle them tope when sat on a kayak .... one nasty wriggle off a tope and they bite your pinky off

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'm intrigued. Looks like a lot of fun. I have quite a bit of experience at sea kayaking but I wouldn't fish from one of the ones I used to paddle (Meridian and a Nordkapp) as they were not exactly stable. Are your kayaks modified for fishing? How stable are they? Presumably, very if you can handle a 50lb tope from them. What does it cost roughly to get set up?
Presumably you need quite calm water, not the Bristol Channel. Questions, questions...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm intrigued. Looks like a lot of fun. I have quite a bit of experience at sea kayaking but I wouldn't fish from one of the ones I used to paddle (Meridian and a Nordkapp) as they were not exactly stable. Are your kayaks modified for fishing? How stable are they? Presumably, very if you can handle a 50lb tope from them. What does it cost roughly to get set up?
Presumably you need quite calm water, not the Bristol Channel. Questions, questions...
Have a look here for your answers http://anglersafloat.proboards107.com/

It's the same as boat fishing when dealing with Tope, you just gotta be firm with them when landing.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
excellent

not up to that standard yet but another 12 months should see me after them.

great pictures, well done guys

john

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
excellent

not up to that standard yet but another 12 months should see me after them.

great pictures, well done guys

john

Come on John you'd handle them I'm sure. You know you want to :yahoo:

Seriously if you want a crack at them it would be good to have you join us up there.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
christ i bet them tope on a kayak gets the adrenaline pumping, nice one. what rigs do you use for them and baits etc. i would love to catch one this year (shore)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Come on John you'd handle them I'm sure. You know you want to :yahoo:

Seriously if you want a crack at them it would be good to have you join us up there.

your sorely tempting me....but theres someting so wrong or worrying about getting a tope on the yak between your legs!!!!!!

mind you theres good bass and bream there too so i'd like to get up there but maybe target something that aint going to size my black and decker up as a snack!!!!

john

1 - 20 of 23 Posts