World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, wondering if any of you kind gents can give me an insight into catching tope from a boat in swansea bay or around the gower? never caught one before and have read the articles on this site but am looking for advice for what areas of the bay might produce and also times of year the fish are around in numbers, what baits to try (other than the obvious mackeral) and techniques (downtide, uptide and also if live baiting for them is a good idea or possible? (pout, mackeral or whiting etc) by the way I am looking to catch from my boat instead of chartering, I have an admiralty map of swansea and the gower so any info on roughly where they might be found is much appreciated!

also just to state I have no intention of taking them home just purely sport fishing. I have also posted this in the south wales fishing section just in case!

thanks in advance
spike

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi mate,

try just off Oxwich point - about 400 yards - maybe a bit more - fish for them now onwards.

Hope this helps -dont know about livebaiting but my cousin have had them follow doggies right up to the boat so its gotta be worth a try.

Goodluck

Sharked

1 - 2 of 2 Posts