World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday 24th, What a cracking day to be off for a days Tope fishing. We set off at six am, forteen miles later the hook was down.....:clap2: The tide had just started to ebb sitting in 60ft of still flat calm water, and the big baits went down. First run came to Graham after a hour and fish was ON the rod bent double he had the fish on for at least two minutes an then it all went slack yep it had bit through the heavy mono, Graham look at me and said (BLAST the so and so has come off):schmoll: As he walk round the boat puffing I said put the kettle on, that will make it better... LOL.
Next it was my turn and yes the same happend to me, we sat there for another six hours but nothing.............. execpt L,S,D and smoothounds.

The tide was now flooding very slow though so we had a little move in shallow water,20ft and starting catching good smoothounds bass and had a couple of tope around the 10pound mark, and then to round the day off bitten off again..:uhuh: :uhuh: Best bait of the day crab...

There is a morrel to this story,,,,, if you go fishing this weekend and you are useing fish baits there is a good chance you will get a tope run so use a small but heavy wire trace.

Kris.

P,S Anyone no who this is I kept seeing this white boat all day.............:giveup: :giveup:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
He's stalking you mate! {It was Ron who was cutting your traces!!!}

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are off again in the morning, But we are leaving under the cover of darkness
armed with wire traces this time...:idea: :idea:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are off to the edge of the chart in the morning, LOL..

To many skippers on one boat mmmm....:g: to much advice I think..:clap2: :clap2: .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave cannot sit in one place more than 10 minutes before he wants me moving again...John said thats why he got helped him get his own boat!:) :clap3:
L.O.L Very true. And that's a good photo of the boat.
:clap3:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Proper enigma this for me too! If you use mono as Tope trace you seem to get more runs but you run the risk of a bite off! At least you found some Tope ,wishing you better luck next time out...Are you seeing any mackeral yet?
Got charter booked for tope early June with Chris Mole from Mersea ... Can't wait..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Strange that Barry,We went out yesterday armed with mainline at 25lb with a sliding trace then 80lb mono to a 6/0 on a short wire trace and only one bite all day.
But old Mick had one just under ten pounds on a small 3/0 uptide hook on squid
Kris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts