World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to Steven Unsworth, skipper of charter boat Lowena Mor, tonight, he had a party out tuesday and wednesday - 22 tope tuesday, 21 tope wednesday plus lots more lost. He also said that for every tope boated there were 2 to 3 bullhuss.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
will be seeing you soon shaun !
cheers rab

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
Talking to Steven Unsworth, skipper of charter boat Lowena Mor, tonight, he had a party out tuesday and wednesday - 22 tope tuesday, 21 tope wednesday plus lots more lost. He also said that for every tope boated there were 2 to 3 bullhuss.
Same with us yesterday further out on the offside sand peaks, although it was much much slower than this time last year. Very scenic out there yesterday, lots of porpoise action going on.........:sun:

I am sure I saw Steve through the binos away in the distance towards the land. If we had boated even half the runs that we had then the numbers would have been wild, I think some of the tope have been learning that rather annoying Huss bait spitting trick...........:fish:

I now have two tope addicts among my employees, so the day may well come back to bite me in the ass.........:blink:...........they looked at me in bewilderment at first when I was giving every bite the....."run ya b.........", by midway through the morning it was a synchronised chorus of......."run ya b..........." at every bite.........they were probably still saying it in their sleep last night........:icecream:

All but one of the Huss we had were big double digit fish, which was nice. We also had lots of really big Gurnards, on 6/0 hooks and whole mackie flappers of all things, they must have been very quick off the mark gurnards...........:wiggle:

I saw a strange thing with the mackies, high up in the water column near the surface they were 100% small joeys, not a single biggie. If you could ever got through them to near the bottom, they were 100% the biggest mackies I have ever seen, not a single smaller one........this was consistently the case, all through the day, every time we needed a top up........two wildly apart classes of fish..........:fish:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi i was one of the lads that was out with steve on the tue none of us had ever caught a tope by the end of the day we had all caught tope except the lad who was seasick for the first time in his life (Lucky white heather). At times there where 3 tope on at once and when it was a decent huss some lads where saying "its only a huss " spoiled or what. Cheers for a GREAT days fishing steve:clap:

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts